FAS 604 DRY FIRING

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
QUICKBRICK

FAS 604 DRY FIRING

Post by QUICKBRICK »

I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A S/H FAS 604 BUT HAVE NO MANUAL.IS IT SAFE TO DRY FIRE WITH-OUT CAUSING ANY DAMAGE
David Levene

Re: FAS 604 DRY FIRING

Post by David Levene »

QUICKBRICK wrote:I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A S/H FAS 604 BUT HAVE NO MANUAL.IS IT SAFE TO DRY FIRE WITH-OUT CAUSING ANY DAMAGE
No problem providing that you don't cock it all of the way. Just lift the top section, about 15-20 degrees, until the trigger resets.
zoned

Post by zoned »

> FAS 604....SAFE TO DRY FIRE WITH-OUT CAUSING ANY DAMAGE

Unlike a spring-piston airgun which would slam the piston head against the spring chamber end without a pellet in the breech, the 604 just opens its valve and dumps compressed air. Dry fire as previously suggested, or complete the charging stroke if you want the noise.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

zoned wrote: ........ or complete the charging stroke if you want the noise.
I don't like to disagree but it is not unheard of for the small o-rings in the valve assembly to be displaced by just venting the cylinder to atmosphere without the initial back-pressure from a pellet.

As I said, not unheard of although it will not happen in the vast majority of cases. The pain of having to replace those tiny bits though, not a nice job, makes it something to be avoided.
Randy Bimrose

Dry Firing FAS 604

Post by Randy Bimrose »

Discharging air is not a problem and there is little likelyhood of moving the valve seal out of its seat with this type of action.