Morini CM80?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sillymike

Morini CM80?

Post by sillymike »

Hi,

A friend of mine as the possibility to buy a Morini CM80 ( or C80?). As anybody used them before, any specific problem with them?

I couldn't find much information on the web about them... except a few pictures.

Safe shooting,
Mike.
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

I have had one since 1987. I have only had one breakage, a small flat spring in the cocking mechanism. I was able to get a replacement from Neal Stepp. I don't fire a lot of free pistol, but it is accurate, the trigger is good, the grips of course are good, and it is interesting to look at, i.e. it is kind of strange? There are lots of adjustments you can make with the front sight hook or the the front sight tube and with various weights and angle adjustments. The only thing I don't really like is the rear sight sits in front of the action instead of the normal position rearward, thereby requiring the lengthened front sight hook or tube to get the proper sight radius. I seem to shoot it as well as I do with my TOZ, 520-530 tops, which isn't saying a lot. It is a different yet fun pistol, but aren't they all!
sillymike

Post by sillymike »

Thanks,

You wouldn't happen to know the difference between the C80 and CM80... Or are they the same thing?

With the front sight tube on, it looks like it would only fit in a rifle case!
What's the barrel lenght? It looks pretty short.

Safe shooting,

Mike.

Lee Jr

Post by Lee Jr »

I had one back in the 80's, and had a little bit of trouble with a soft sear. It led to some hang fires, which totally destroyed my confidence in it, even after it was fixed. As I recall, the later models had a clear plastic bloob tube type arrangement for the front sight extension instead of the bent metal rod. One of the interesting aspects of the design was that you could cant both the front and rear sights if you wanted to try a slightly or even radically different hold.