Short and/or light models

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bill177

Short and/or light models

Post by Bill177 »

I am giving consideration to purchasing a new AP. Of particular interest to me are the new short/light models such as the Steyr LP2C and the Pardini K2s Junior. I would be most interested in comments about these guns - weight and balance, sighting problems, stability vs. weight issues, etc.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Bill,

I can't comment about the models you've mentioned, but will throw in a word here about the Morini 162 Short. I have an LP1, an LP10, and a 162 Short. I also had a 162 Long. Of them all, the LP1 produced the best score for me, but that was before my shoulder started to cause problems. I find now that I'm working my way through recovery (a year after the fact) I'm having difficulty supporting a muzzle-heavy pistol. This being the case, the 162 short, with its centre of gravity being fairly well aft, is perfect for my needs. It suffers not one bit of accuracy loss over the Long model in terms of group size in pellet testing, and it behaves quite nicely in the hand as long as you're happy with velocities in the 460fps range. If you crank up the speed it starts to produce lots of muzzle flip. And even in a vise the group sizes open up considerably as you crank up the speed (this same thing held true for my Long one). The other big advantage of the short pistol is that its overall weight is about the same as that of the LP10, while the Long version is at least 200 grams heavier. I was surprised by the weight of the long one, and found I couldn't support it through a hole match. Luckily a friend of mine purchased it from me, allowing me to buy my short model. The shorty is now my competition gun and I'm back to within a couple of points of where I was with the LP1.

All in all, the short versions of air pistols are, in my humble opinion, very worthy of your consideration.