vitarbo grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
moria

vitarbo grips

Post by moria »

Who sell Vitarbo Grips?
Anyone in particular?
Input will be very appreciate.

oria53@cs.com
sbow

Post by sbow »

Mr. Vitarbo is the CMP Junior Director for the state of Utah, so his contact information is available on the CMP website. He has sold many of his grip designs and patterns to another grip maker, whom he also trained and of whose work he speaks highly, so he no longer makes grips himself for many of the guns for which you can buy a "Vitarbo" grip. Mr. Vitarbo does still make grips for the Pardini SP, HP, and GT-45, the IZH 35 and 46, the Walther OSP and GSP, some (all?) Benellis, and perhaps for some other more obscure designs. He could tell you where to acquire his grips, both those he makes himself and those made by the new owners of his old designs.

For those needing grips for oddball guns, Mr. Vitarbo is sometimes willing to take on fully custom work. He does not have an FFL, so cannot receive a firearm, but back before he had one of his own from which to make a pattern, he built an excellent set of grips for my GT-45, working only on photocopies of the receiver and measurements I took of it.
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

sbow.

Any chance you could email me a photo or two the GT45 grips you had made??

I have had this item on my wish list for a long time now.

Thank you in advance for any photos you can provide.

Paul
sbow

Post by sbow »

Paul,

Are you still on Earthlink? If so, I still have your e-mail address from when we last corresponded regarding the GT-45. I will try to take some shots and get them to you in the next day or two.

The Vitarbo grips are not adjustable, but this is not a big problem to me, as my hand is not especially fleshy and doesn't change thickness with the weather as much as some.

BTW, I was talking to Don Nygord yesterday, and he told me that in addition to the dedicated 9mm GT-9, with a slightly smaller grip than the GT-45, he can now get a 9mm conversion for the GT-45. It would be interesting to see how the 9mm conversion would group at 50 yards.

sbow
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

sbow,

Thanks for the interesting information on the 9mm conversion for the GT45. I also spoke with Don yesterday but didnt get around to discussing anything but grips.

My new email address is:

paul@figlialaw.com

Thanks again for any photos you can send along!
sbow

Post by sbow »

Paul,

Just sent you some older photos. I will send others when I get the chance in the next few days. Let me know if they don't arrive; though I send mail through a respectable SMTP server, the domain of the ISP in my return address has sometimes been a spam haven, so my mail is occasionally blocked. If it didn't make it through, I will try from a different account.

sbow