IZH Trigger Instructions

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rick983

IZH Trigger Instructions

Post by rick983 »

My instructions which came with the pistol are quite vague concerning trigger adjustments. It tells you which screw controls what, but doesn't tell you which way to turn them to decrease/increase pull, creep and the such. I'd like to know before I go twisting on the screws. Can somebody help?
Thanks
Mike Taylor

IZH-35M trigger adjustment

Post by Mike Taylor »

rick983,
You didn't say which IZH model, air or cartridge.
try this link for details on trigger setup for the cartridge gun, IZH-35M:
http://izh.petebrunelli.com/izh35m-comp.html#TRIGGER
rick983

Post by rick983 »

I meant the IZH46 air pistol.
Mike Taylor

IZH-46 trigger adjustments

Post by Mike Taylor »

Sorry, I can't help you there.
Mike T.
deleted1

IZH Trigger

Post by deleted1 »

I suggest that you avoid touching any of the adjustments until you have been shooting the gun for a while. Perhaps the only adjustment you might want to deal with eventually is the trigger weight. I will agree that the instructions are extremely confusing and I left them alone---didn't have the gun for long---a friend of mine made goo-goo eyes at it and I haven't seen it since. Usually with handguns such as these I have the attitude---it left the factory adjusted---leave it alone. BTW I now shoot a Morini 162E and if you think those instructions are any clearer--fogedaboudit. For myself personally the original Russian or German instructions are the best as they were with the TOZ---IMHO
Bill177

About the Izzy trigger

Post by Bill177 »

You can find this information at:
http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spizh46.htm
which is provided by our host, PilkGuns.com
rick983

More confused than ever!!

Post by rick983 »

I looked at the trigger schematic on pilkguns website and am more confused than ever. There are three creep adjustment screws! A preliminary, reserve and final. Can anybody please explain all the differences in simple english. I don't have a PHD from MIT and confess to being confused by three different creep adjustments. Thanks in advance.
RJP

American translation

Post by RJP »

A - Trigger stop
B - Sear engagement
C - Weight adjustment
D - Trigger position adjustment
F - First stage takeup

Hope this helps.
scout18

Post by scout18 »

Rick, I just ended up playing around with mine until I figured it out. The threads on the various screws are fine enough that you need to turn them a few times to feel any difference. It has been long enough ago that I can't remember what did what(doh). I did need to adjust the weight of the trigger as it was at a breathe on it to shoot lightness. It is now 510 grams. I am convinced that no one else knows either, as this question has been asked a couple of times and the answer is always the referral to the drawing that our gracious host has archived. Another suggestion is to talk to someone that you shoot with that has adjusted the trigger on their own pistol. and see how it compares to the break on yours. Good luck and let us know what you come up with. I usually read everything about the IZH46s that comes up here. If you or any one else knows of any other sites that discuss this pistol lets network and get that info passed to everyone that shoots one of these fine pistols.