Pellet Weight for New Morini CM162EA?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Gwhite

Pellet Weight for New Morini CM162EA?

Post by Gwhite »

I just got a new Morini air pistol. The test target has one very small hole in it, and it says that they used H&N Final Match 4.5 pellets. I'm assuming that they used the pistol weight pellets, but I've heard some people claim the heavier pellets work better for them.

Does anyone know for sure what they use?

Thanks!

Doug White
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Doug,

I can't answer your question regarding exactly which pellet the Morini factory uses t produce their test targets. But I can tell you a couple of other tidbits that might help...

Firstly, the Morini seems to like slower velocities - somewhere around 460 fps or 140m/s. If you crank the speed up you'll probably find the pistol goes off with quite a "crack" and that you get a fair amount of muzzle movement when the shot breaks. This might have a tendancy to open up your groups when the pistol is hand-held. From doing some testing of three 162's (two short models and one long) I can say that lower velocities seem to produce better grouping results.

Also, I've found that my LP10 didn't like light pellets very well so I started to experiment with heavy pellets. As it turns out, my M162EI seems to have the same preference. Both seem to be happy now that I have a case of H&N Finale Match Glatt (rifle) pellets in 4.50. By comparison, my LP1 couldn't really care what pellet you feed it. It produces better groups from the vise than either the LP10 or the M162, with either H&N High Speed or Glatt pellets. Go figure... ;-)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I couldn't swear to it but seem to remember seeing a posting from Francesco where he confirmed that they test using Finale Match Pistol.