OSP conversion to .22lr

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
race1911

OSP conversion to .22lr

Post by race1911 »

Anyone know how easily (if at all) a .22lr top off a GSP would fit onto an OSP?
Sandy

OSP to .22LR

Post by Sandy »

My daughter Lauren shot an OSP converted to shoot .22LR. She was on the National Team for number of years. It is not a difficult conversion for a competent pistolsmith who is familiar with Walthers. I posted this on this forum previously but cannot find the thread tonight. If you are truly intrested contact me directly and I can send you photos of her conversion and the parts that you will need.
Sandy Santibanez
Tom

It sorta fits.....

Post by Tom »

Hi,

Yep, it will fit onto the frame. Providing the gun is a post 35000 serial #. If you have a frame, the way to tell is if the mag well looks sorta like a Chevrolet insignia, the "bow tie". The early guns do not convert as far as I know.

If you have the proper frame, Earl's repair service in the USA sells a kit to convert it. One thing to take note of however, the GSP and OSP grips are different in the receiver channel cut. The rear of the receiver of a true OSP is a little different than a GSP and if I remember right, you have to change grips too.

The factory conversion units arent cheap but they do work well. A person that I shoot with has a 3 caliber set, short, LR and 32, all work great.

my 2 cents,

Tom
Eddy

Osp to 22lr conversion

Post by Eddy »

Hello everyone. Hello Sandy!

I've built several of these conversions for various people. I think I might have even built Sandy's daughters gun. It's not that difficult but requires a machine shop. You need a gsp barrel or have one made, magazines, and the bolt cross piece from a .32 gsp. From there the rest of the parts have to be made. I can steer you in the right direction or build it for you.

I'm new to this site. Very interesting.

Eddy Esworthy
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Hello Eddy,
Glad to hear from you. How are you? How have you been? I have not heard from you in such a long time. We are all doing well and the Black Mountain Shooting Club is still holding matches every month, although not on the grand scale that it used to be. Lauren has been working as a Summer Ranger at Yosemity National Park. Contact me off-line or give me a call.
Sandy... tenx@san.rr.com (858) 484-7624