Decimal scoring

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Stefan

Decimal scoring

Post by Stefan »

Where can I find the rules that describe how decimal scoring is done? I am looking for the rules for its use and the design of the gauge. I have looked on the ISSF web site but not been able to locate it.

Thanks in advance

Stefan
Fabian

Decimal scoring

Post by Fabian »

The decimals are used in the finals and are calculated electronicaly by the computerized scoring system.
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

The instructions come with the gauge. It's easier to demonstate than explain.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I beleive the gauges you are looking for are called nonious gauges (excuse the spelling).
Spencer C

Post by Spencer C »

GOVTMODEL wrote:The instructions come with the gauge. It's easier to demonstate than explain.
Having taught a number of people how to use the nonius gauges over the years... It's (definitely) easier to demonstarte than explain.

The nonius gauges are available from the ISSF website - look on the merchandise page. Check if this price is per discipline, or a set. There are 6 gauges - 10m Rifle, 10m Pistol, 10m Running Target, 25m/50m Precision Pistol, 25m RF Pistol and 50m Rifle.

S
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

Take a look here. These are not the proper gauges, but overlays. The principle is the same.

http://www.precision-sports.com/titbits.htm

Decimal rules again

Post by Guest »

Thank you to everyone who tried to answer so rapidly. I understand what you are saying but I am actually looking for the rules description of how these gaugaes are designed. Surely it can't be up to each manufacturer to make their own. There must be a description somewhere from the ISSF that tells the manufacturer what dimensions to use. It is those rules that I am trying to find.

Thanks again

Stefan
Chris

Post by Chris »

Stefan,

I do not think that the ISSF will dictate or describe how a manufacture will make a guage for that purpose with in the standard rules. Unless they are going to permit any manufacture to make the guage. I would guess that if some company wanted to make a guage they would need to contact the ISSF and get there design approved so they can sell it.

I would suggest you figure out your own design. I made some overlays a long time ago and printed them out on some transparencies.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Stefan,
Surely it's just a case of dividing each scoring ring into 10 ? you can get that info off the ISSF site (i.e. individual ring sizes).

Rob.
Mike S-J

Post by Mike S-J »

New to pistol shooting and stumbled across this page whilst searching for a description of decimal scoring.

However, despite my inexperience in pistol shooting I CAN tell you how the scale works - it works by dividing the diameter into ninths (not tenths) - the scale then works as any vernier scale in that the closest intersection between the scale marks and the target marks coencides with the fraction within the ring of interest.

A quck question - when shooting prior to the 'finals' is the maximum score a single shot can get 10?
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Mike S-J wrote:
A quck question - when shooting prior to the 'finals' is the maximum score a single shot can get 10?
Yes
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

On a slow day at work, I made a decimal scoring gauge. I couldn't find any instructions on how to make one, and don't have access to an official gauge, so I don't know if it is right, but it works. If the shot is close to the center it scores as a 10.9 and if it just breaks the line it scores as a 10.0.

It is available as a .PDF which can be printed or copied to a transparency. Send me an email and I will forward it to you.
Email s.turner@motorola.com
Subject Decimal Scoring Gauge

If someone has a website we can post it to, that would be great.

Regards,
Steve T
mcmoura

ISSF rules for gauges

Post by mcmoura »

Stefan,

You can find ISSF rules for gauges in http://www.issf-shooting.org/rules/rules.asp. Go to bottom of page and download rules and regulations 2005 (14MB). Read item 6.7.15.6 (4.5 mm OUTWARD Gauge for 10 m Air Pistol), which is part of issue 6.7.0 (SCORING PROCEDURES). There are detailed procedures to build gauges and some instructions on their use.

Best regards,

McMoura
David Levene

Re: ISSF rules for gauges

Post by David Levene »

mcmoura wrote:You can find ISSF rules for gauges in http://www.issf-shooting.org/rules/rules.asp. Go to bottom of page and download rules and regulations 2005 (14MB). Read item 6.7.15.6 (4.5 mm OUTWARD Gauge for 10 m Air Pistol), which is part of issue 6.7.0 (SCORING PROCEDURES). There are detailed procedures to build gauges and some instructions on their use.
Those rules say nothing about the decimal scoring or gauges which is what Stefan was asking about.