Unique DES 69 spare parts

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Irod

Unique DES 69 spare parts

Post by Irod »

Where can I find spare parts for a Unique DES 69.

Any help is welcome.
Evia

Spare Parts

Post by Evia »

Hey Brother, glad to see ya here!!!. I guess that maybe you can find parts for your unique at www.e-gunparts.com.

Good luck,

[/b]
deleted1

DES69U

Post by deleted1 »

Sorry gentlemen but, the company has been out of business for the past 1.5 years and the entire inventory of machines and parts were purchased by a scrap dealer. I cannot suggest anyone else other than Don Nygord as a possible source of Unique parts. He was the last American dealer I know of to carry any of their guns.
Ithaca

Unique spare parts

Post by Ithaca »

A French company has taken over the spare part stocks from Unique when they went out of business.
They're called FMR located in Pantin (surburb of Paris) tel : +33149429181

Hope this helps

David
utemarksman

Unique Spare parts

Post by utemarksman »

Based on the information from this list I did some searching and found the following website:

http://www.unique-fmr.com which links to http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fmr-pantin/

The company indeed claims to 'make repairs on all Unique branded arms.' If anyone ever has the opprotunity to deal with them please let the rest of us who own Unique pistols know of your experience.

Thanks
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Repairs????
What's wrong with you guys? Do you use your Uniques as hammers?
Uniques just keep on going, they don't break down.
At least mine never has ;-)
Cheers Colin
j-team

Post by j-team »

I've seen two DES32-U pistols go down with frame cracks. So, they are not as indestructable as you might think Colin!
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Ah, yes the .32. That would be one of those unreliable semi auto centrefires which tend to have lots of problems, no matter what the make. That's why I use a .38 revolver.

I was only thinking of the .22 calibre DES 69 and DES 69U models when I was referring to the Unique.

Our club Unique DES69 has done umpteen thousands or rounds, gets cleaned every year or two and never malfunctions unless someone feeds it cheap Winchester ammo.

Three or four others with Uniques have also done many thousands or rounds without a hiccup.
zoned

Post by zoned »

ColinC wrote:I was only thinking of the .22 calibre DES 69 and DES 69U models when I was referring to the Unique.....
I tend to support this. My vintage, all steel, DES 69 is older than dirt and still shoots fine. It doesn't have the low barrel and forward breech, or grip angle of the newest guns, but it sure is comfortable to hold. I'd buy a new one if they still made them.
JLK

DES 69 magazine

Post by JLK »

I too am a long time owner of a DES 69.
I bought it in 1975.
The only thing that troubles it at times is the adjustment of the magazine lips which act as the ejector.
Does anyone have any advice or step by step instructions on how to adjust and maintain the mag lip position?
Thanks!
JLK
strazzman

Post by strazzman »

It does not hurt to occasionally replace the recoil/slide spring. I found that my accuracy was going to pot and I was starting to have a slight feed problem. Put a new spring in and back to new. If only I could shoot as well as the gun itself.