ISSF 10M Air Pistol Five Target Event

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

NH

ISSF 10M Air Pistol Five Target Event

Post by NH »

Will the ISSF 10M Air Pistol Five Target Event be an olympic event? Apart from Steyr LP50 are there any other multi-shot AP available. I know FWB and Walther discontinued their products. Will there be one from Hammerli as they released their new Rapid Fire Pistol conforming to ISSF's new (post 2004 olympics) rules and regulations.
nhosabettu-at-tei-us.com.47246.0
David Levene

Re: ISSF 10M Air Pistol Five Target Event

Post by David Levene »

: Will the ISSF 10M Air Pistol Five Target Event be an olympic event?
It isn't even approved as a World Championship event yet.
For that to happen a minimum of five member federations in two continents must certify that the event is practiced in their country.
After that, I think that the only time that the event will be shot in the Olympics is when cartridge pistols have been banned. That is the situation we have here in the UK at the moment and believe me, you don't want it to happen at the Olympics.

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.47248.47246
Mako

Re: ISSF 10M Air Pistol Five Target Event

Post by Mako »

The ISSF had to lose two Olympic shooting events ... I believe to be effective with the 2008 Olympics in Bejing ... so it's doubtful that any new events will be added any time soon.
I belive the events that will be dropped are running target for men and one of the women's shotgun events. They dropped the events that had the fewest participants.

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.47250.47246