Question about Daisy 126 Super Match

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Alan Carey

Question about Daisy 126 Super Match

Post by Alan Carey »

Target Talkers
I had a question about the Daisy (Gamo) 126 Super Match. Which stroke is the power stroke? Is the power stroke like the Walther LGR?
Thanks
Alan Carey
alcarey-at-w-link.net.47187.0
Jim_GA

Re: Question about Daisy 126 Super Match

Post by Jim_GA »

Hi Alan,
Yes, the 126 closing (forward) stroke builds pressure - like the LGR.
If you're interested, I can e-mail you a scan of a 126 manual.
Jim
Alan Carey

Re: Question about Daisy 126 Super Match

Post by Alan Carey »

Jim:
The reason I was curious is that there is a very nice looking Daisy 126 for sale at Gunsamerica.com
Thanks
Alan Carey

Hi Alan,
: Yes, the 126 closing (forward) stroke builds pressure - like the LGR.
: If you're interested, I can e-mail you a scan of a 126 manual.
: Jim

alcarey-at-w-link.net.47215.47190
Jim P.

That is nice...Some info about Daisy 126 Super Match

Post by Jim P. »

Allan (on anyone interested in this rifle)
This does look like a very nice example of the Daisy 126 which is probably one of the best air rifles that Gammo every made. The price for a like new example is very good too.
Three basic problems with this rifle as a 10 meter.
The cocking stroke being towards the front you already know about. I have heard some people use a table and press down so it doesn't matter.
The barrel "weight" is made of plastic. The very fine (and blued) Walther barrel (I'm told that Daisy would not accept the Gamo barrel) is under a plastic shroud (like the RWS75) So the gun is "front end light" even though it weighs 10.5 lbs.
If you buy it and it really is new in the box it is still several years old. Expect it to shoot in the 450 ft/sec range. (and some especially tight pellets may not even leave the barrel) The seals may be fine, but this rifle is really a Single Stroke Pnuematic with a Gas Ram and the ram pressure has leaked out. "Easily" fixed but you have to disassemble the gun. I leave mine there (450) as it is still 10meter accurate with the right pellet and easier to cock.
Also with all the older 10meter guns the stock is one size fits all. This stock is a little thicker than most. I like it but it is a matter of preference.
If I didn't already have two - that one would be sold.
Just my opinion.
Jim P.