Questions on my new Pardini SP (22lr)

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

PJinHawaii

Questions on my new Pardini SP (22lr)

Post by PJinHawaii »

I just picked up my new Pardini SP today, And I have some questions...
1. I heard that it is OK to dry fire it, but I see no mechanism or mention of it in the manual. Can I just dry fire without any special preparations?
2. What is the button on the underside of the muzzle for?
3. I see no safety, is that correct? or have I missed it?
4. What is this little appendage just above the trigger housing on the left side? it looks like it should be a lever of some sort but appears to be immovable.
5. The "Manual" is pretty weak, does anyone know of a source of better info on the WWW somewhere?
Thanks for your help. It is Sat. and I want to go shooting tomorrow, but the distributor is out until Monday, so is unavailable for quesions.
PJ
smh

Re: Questions on my new Pardini SP (22lr)

Post by smh »

: I just picked up my new Pardini SP today, And I have some questions...
: 1. I heard that it is OK to dry fire it, but I see no mechanism or mention of it in the manual. Can I just dry fire without any special preparations?
It comes with a dry fire plug, so you probably ought to use it.
: 2. What is the button on the underside of the muzzle for?
It locks the bolt back.
: 3. I see no safety, is that correct? or have I missed it?
Don't think there is one.
: 4. What is this little appendage just above the trigger housing on the left side? it looks like it should be a lever of some sort but appears to be immovable.
Don't know what it is, looks like a clip of some sort.
: 5. The "Manual" is pretty weak, does anyone know of a source of better info on the WWW somewhere?
: Thanks for your help. It is Sat. and I want to go shooting tomorrow, but the distributor is out until Monday, so is unavailable for quesions.
: PJ

s.hirasuna-at-verizon.net.46271.46270
PJinHawaii

Post by PJinHawaii »

I didn't know that that little Black plug was for dry firing, Thanks! I just tried it, it works great. I have another pistol (Beretta Neos U22) that has one of those too, I wonder if it is for dry firing also?
Anyway, thanks loads for the answers. I have one more question too...
A. In the "toolkit" was a little black metal screwdriver like thing but the tip is pretty blunt... any idea what it is?
PJ
---------------
: : I just picked up my new Pardini SP today, And I have some questions...
: : 1. I heard that it is OK to dry fire it, but I see no mechanism or mention of it in the manual. Can I just dry fire without any special preparations?
: It comes with a dry fire plug, so you probably ought to use it.
: : 2. What is the button on the underside of the muzzle for?
: It locks the bolt back.
: : 3. I see no safety, is that correct? or have I missed it?
: Don't think there is one.
: : 4. What is this little appendage just above the trigger housing on the left side? it looks like it should be a lever of some sort but appears to be immovable.
: Don't know what it is, looks like a clip of some sort.
: : 5. The "Manual" is pretty weak, does anyone know of a source of better info on the WWW somewhere?
: : Thanks for your help. It is Sat. and I want to go shooting tomorrow, but the distributor is out until Monday, so is unavailable for quesions.
: : PJ

mako

Post by mako »

That clip is the safety ... it's very stiff ... but it will pivot down. Safety's had to be added to US market match pistols ... or at least some manufacturers thought they should add them for the U.S. market ... but match pistols don't usually have safeties because they are "only" suppose to be used in a very controlled situation.
Do not rely on your safety. If you are not going to have the pistol pointed down range and under your control, ie. in your hand ... then you should IMMEDIATELY unload it, removing the magazine and the chambered round before putting the pistol down, or handing it to someone else! Just like you would if you were in a match situation.
The tool you are asking about is a back up firing pin! :-)
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.46273.46272
PJinHawaii

Post by PJinHawaii »

Does this safety lever pivot up or down?
As for the spare firing pin, all I can say is... Oh. <sheepish grin>
PJ

: That clip is the safety ... it's very stiff ... but it will pivot down. Safety's had to be added to US market match pistols ... or at least some manufacturers thought they should add them for the U.S. market ... but match pistols don't usually have safeties because they are "only" suppose to be used in a very controlled situation.
: Do not rely on your safety. If you are not going to have the pistol pointed down range and under your control, ie. in your hand ... then you should IMMEDIATELY unload it, removing the magazine and the chambered round before putting the pistol down, or handing it to someone else! Just like you would if you were in a match situation.
: The tool you are asking about is a back up firing pin! :-)

Mako

Safety is ON when the lever is UP .... .nt

Post by Mako »

: Does this safety lever pivot up or down?
: As for the spare firing pin, all I can say is... Oh. <sheepish grin>
:
: : That clip is the safety ... it's very stiff ... but it will pivot down. Safety's had to be added to US market match pistols ... or at least some manufacturers thought they should add them for the U.S. market ... but match pistols don't usually have safeties because they are "only" suppose to be used in a very controlled situation.
: : Do not rely on your safety. If you are not going to have the pistol pointed down range and under your control, ie. in your hand ... then you should IMMEDIATELY unload it, removing the magazine and the chambered round before putting the pistol down, or handing it to someone else! Just like you would if you were in a match situation.
: : The tool you are asking about is a back up firing pin! :-)

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.46290.46285
weehooker

Post by weehooker »

Forget the safety. This gun was not designed to be carried loaded. Load and point down range when in use. unload and lock action open (that button) and lay on the table (pointing down range) when not. Great gun!:

I just picked up my new Pardini SP today, And I have some questions...
: 1. I heard that it is OK to dry fire it, but I see no mechanism or mention of it in the manual. Can I just dry fire without any special preparations?
: 2. What is the button on the underside of the muzzle for?
: 3. I see no safety, is that correct? or have I missed it?
: 4. What is this little appendage just above the trigger housing on the left side? it looks like it should be a lever of some sort but appears to be immovable.
: 5. The "Manual" is pretty weak, does anyone know of a source of better info on the WWW somewhere?
: Thanks for your help. It is Sat. and I want to go shooting tomorrow, but the distributor is out until Monday, so is unavailable for quesions.