Thanks to the great folks in this hobby

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Dan Hankins (Bubba)

Thanks to the great folks in this hobby

Post by Dan Hankins (Bubba) »

Every once in a while, I feel the need to tell someone about someone that has provided service above and beyond what would be required.
Thanks to Pilkington Competition. Warren has coached me through so many gun purchases that we both have lost count. He did so in a manner that helped me control my expenderatures, keeping the hobby nearly affordable for the cash challenged. He keeps a mic and a ruller close at hand and has often took the time to measure something, or check to see it what I wnat to do will work. I have not bought any pistol any where except Pilkington's for a long time. So, Thanks Scott, Rhonda, Warren, and Buck. Ya'll have a fine and experienced crew. And thanks for this forum.
A couple of days ago I was looking for some parts for my FWB P-70. Apparently the parts books are difficult to read, and the dealers claim that there are often errors in their order. The parts I needed had to do with the loading coner and linkage. FWB lists 7 different plastic links that attach to the loading port cover. So, after talking to a couple of dealers, and not finding what I needed, I made a phone call to I.S.S. Neal Stepp. Mr. Step understtood what I wanted, and sent me the parts. Yup, he had them in stock. Ain't nobody else that I know of, here in the USA, that has such a supply of parts.
Mr. Stepp ( have to call him that because he is about 5 years older than me) also was willing to experiment a little. I have a set of Varga pistol shooting glasses. They have a 37 mm lense. This is the same measurement as the Knobloch pistol shooting glasses. I needed a higher magnification than anyond offered to fit the Varga Glasses. After some conversation, Mr. Step offered to send me a glass lense in a +1.25 sphere, to see if it would fit. I made eye glasses a long time ago for a company called American Optical. The lense will fit. With a tiny adjustment of the diameter of the frame, using a file to remove a small amount of the lense securing screw housing. The non threaded part. Use a small fine file for this. Very simple. In fact the Knobloch lense is close enough that it will no fall out of the Varga glasses with no modifications to the lense holder.
I am thankful for the fine service and interest these dealers have given me.
Respectfully,
Dan Hankins AKA Bubba
DanielHankiins-at-wmconnect.com.46202.0
pilkguns

and Thanks to alll the great folks who keep us in business

Post by pilkguns »

Its been a tough year between the US economy and the strong Euro but Thanks to all the folks who keep us going and all the great freindships that we have made this year.
My best to all!
Scott
: Every once in a while, I feel the need to tell someone about someone that has provided service above and beyond what would be required.
: Thanks to Pilkington Competition. Warren has coached me through so many gun purchases that we both have lost count. He did so in a manner that helped me control my expenderatures, keeping the hobby nearly affordable for the cash challenged. He keeps a mic and a ruller close at hand and has often took the time to measure something, or check to see it what I wnat to do will work. I have not bought any pistol any where except Pilkington's for a long time. So, Thanks Scott, Rhonda, Warren, and Buck. Ya'll have a fine and experienced crew. And thanks for this forum.
: A couple of days ago I was looking for some parts for my FWB P-70. Apparently the parts books are difficult to read, and the dealers claim that there are often errors in their order. The parts I needed had to do with the loading coner and linkage. FWB lists 7 different plastic links that attach to the loading port cover. So, after talking to a couple of dealers, and not finding what I needed, I made a phone call to I.S.S. Neal Stepp. Mr. Step understtood what I wanted, and sent me the parts. Yup, he had them in stock. Ain't nobody else that I know of, here in the USA, that has such a supply of parts.
: Mr. Stepp ( have to call him that because he is about 5 years older than me) also was willing to experiment a little. I have a set of Varga pistol shooting glasses. They have a 37 mm lense. This is the same measurement as the Knobloch pistol shooting glasses. I needed a higher magnification than anyond offered to fit the Varga Glasses. After some conversation, Mr. Step offered to send me a glass lense in a +1.25 sphere, to see if it would fit. I made eye glasses a long time ago for a company called American Optical. The lense will fit. With a tiny adjustment of the diameter of the frame, using a file to remove a small amount of the lense securing screw housing. The non threaded part. Use a small fine file for this. Very simple. In fact the Knobloch lense is close enough that it will no fall out of the Varga glasses with no modifications to the lense holder.
: I am thankful for the fine service and interest these dealers have given me.
: Respectfully,
: Dan Hankins AKA Bubba