old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

pilkguns

a factory tour of Steyr-Sportwaffen

Post by pilkguns »

Rustam Bana

A question please.

Post by Rustam Bana »

Thank you very much for those photographs.
I have a question relating to adjustment of the LP10P's velocity.
One picture is captioned, "Katharina here is adjusting the velocity." Here, I assume she is making adjustments to 'Part No. 20 - Set Screw Vo'.
In the following picture, you say, "and locking it into place once it is correct."
The picture shows her using a turn screw going through the gap in the rear sight from the top or at least that is how it appears. My question is, what is she tightening after setting the muzzle velocity and does this same thing have to be loosened/unlocked before adjusting Part No. 20?
Thanks.
Rustam
rustambana-at-satyam.net.in.46154.46142
pilkguns

ooops, you got me!

Post by pilkguns »

Actually, I guess she is just tightening the rear sight on the LP10. the set screw for velocity adjustmetn on the LP10 is on the side, part #10.. the set screw for the LP5-50 series guns is located at the top through the rear site

: Thank you very much for those photographs.
: I have a question relating to adjustment of the LP10P's velocity.
: One picture is captioned, "Katharina here is adjusting the velocity." Here, I assume she is making adjustments to 'Part No. 20 - Set Screw Vo'.
: In the following picture, you say, "and locking it into place once it is correct."
: The picture shows her using a turn screw going through the gap in the rear sight from the top or at least that is how it appears. My question is, what is she tightening after setting the muzzle velocity and does this same thing have to be loosened/unlocked before adjusting Part No. 20?
: Thanks.
: Rustam

Rustam Bana

Re: ooops, you got me!

Post by Rustam Bana »

Thanks very much for the prompt reply.
I think I may have caused confusion when refering to Part No. 20 as 'Set Screw Vo'. Actually it's a slot headed screw as you know but the owner's manual refers to it as a 'set screw'.
This brings me to my next question regarding Part No.10 (bear with me ;-) )....Does Part No.10 have to be loosened a bit before adjusting Part No. 20?
Thanks.
Rustam
: Actually, I guess she is just tightening the rear sight on the LP10. the set screw for velocity adjustmetn on the LP10 is on the side, part #10.. the set screw for the LP5-50 series guns is located at the top through the rear site

rustambana-at-satyam.net.in.46159.46158
pilkguns

yes, normally anyway NT

Post by pilkguns »

: Thanks very much for the prompt reply.
: I think I may have caused confusion when refering to Part No. 20 as 'Set Screw Vo'. Actually it's a slot headed screw as you know but the owner's manual refers to it as a 'set screw'.
: This brings me to my next question regarding Part No.10 (bear with me ;-) )....Does Part No.10 have to be loosened a bit before adjusting Part No. 20?
: Thanks.
: Rustam
: : Actually, I guess she is just tightening the rear sight on the LP10. the set screw for velocity adjustmetn on the LP10 is on the side, part #10.. the set screw for the LP5-50 series guns is located at the top through the rear site

Rustam Bana

Many thanks. NT

Post by Rustam Bana »

rustambana-at-satyam.net.in.46225.46217