Any one knows about US law regarding airguns?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Chris

Any one knows about US law regarding airguns?

Post by Chris »

I'm about to travel to the US with my Anschutz air rifle, I want info about US law regarding this shooting device.
chrisca70-at-hotmail.com.46033.0
Richard Ashmore

Re: Any one knows about US law regarding airguns?

Post by Richard Ashmore »

Under the Gun Control Act of 1968, Title 1, U.S. Code Chapter 44, airguns are not firearms and BATFE has no jurisdiction.
You'll have to determine if the locality to which you're traveling regultes them. Some, like Rhode Island, do.
govtmodel-at-budweiser.com.46038.46033
Richard

Post by Richard »

That's Title 18, USC 44. Sorry for the typo.
BobZ

Post by BobZ »

: I'm about to travel to the US with my Anschutz air rifle, I want info about US law regarding this shooting device.
I think you would get a more accurate answer if you could post where in the US you intend to travel.As an example NYC does not allow legal possesion of air-guns.No problem in the rest of NY state however.The state of NJ has a permit system which includes airguns in their permit system.

rzovinka-at-hvc.rr.com.46040.46033
Gaines Blackwell

Post by Gaines Blackwell »

Generally you can fly in the US with a firearm if it is checked baggage and in an approved container. They sometimes ask you to demonstrate if it is loaded. Airguns are not firearms in the US so they should easily meet this criteria. I suggest you contact the carrier you are using and ask their policy on competition airgun transport. By all means describe it accurately, baggage in the hole is X-Rayed so it should match. All carrier personel are not well informed so ask for someone that can answer your questions.
I'm about to travel to the US with my Anschutz air rifle, I want info about US law regarding this shooting device.

gtblackwell-at-charter.net.46060.46033