Walther USP expert or KSP200

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Randy

Walther USP expert or KSP200

Post by Randy »

Does anybody have any experiance with either of these guns in .22lr. It would be for 25meters and would also be my first firearm. At the moment i shoot with a Anschutz LP@.
sniper_666-at-advalvas.be.45861.0
Fortitudo Dei

Re: Walther GSP expert or KSP200

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

: Does anybody have any experiance with either of these guns in .22lr. It would be for 25meters and would also be my first firearm. At the moment i shoot with a Anschutz LP@.
I assume you made a little typo and that you meant Walther GSP Expert (the only USP Expert I know of is a Heckler Koch IPSC pistol in .45ACP!).
While the Walther KSP200 is a fine pistol, the Walther GSP Expert is in a completely different league and superior in almost every respect.
The design is proven, the build quality is substantially higher, parts are relatively easy to come by, an optional .32 conversion kit would allow you to compete in Centre Fire events, and as long as you treat it well, you could give it to your grandson in 50 years time and he could still win the World Champs with it.
Downsides? It costs a hell of a lot more than a KSP200 and some people aren’t keen on the slightly front heavy aspect which is part and parcel of having the magazine positioned in front of the grip. On the other hand, many people try to then achieve the same effect on their
This is a case of you getting what you pay for, and so long as you can afford it, I would'nt hesitate to the GSP Expert over the KSP200.

Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Whoops (my typo now :)
I meant to say...
: On the other hand, many people try to then achieve the same effect on their pistols by adding barrel weights.
Bob

Re: Walther USP expert or KSP200

Post by Bob »

Go with the GSP....
George

Post by George »

I have just purchased the Walther GSP Expert last week. I had been shooting a Pardini
and I have been shooting 281-290. I had to give my Pardini to my wife as she is
now getting into the sport. I have to say the fit, finish, performance, and the ease
of breakdown for cleaning is unmatched by any gun Iv'e seen. The GSP a totally different feel than the Pardini
as my wrist is now upright. It's ergonomics are much like the 41 or the High Standard. The
GSP will shoot any make of ammo as well. I have since put Federal, CCI, Fiocco, and Wolf through
this gun and it takes anything without an issue. This is a forever gun. My first couple
of practice matches were mid 280's, so I have high expectations once I feel comfortable with it.
The groupings have been very close too. I would highly recommend this gun. Get your wallet out,
but you certainly get what you pay for!!!
Good Luck, George

Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

: Does anybody have any experiance with either of these guns in .22lr. It would be for 25meters and would also be my first firearm. At the moment i shoot with a Anschutz LP@.
I just switched from a Hammerli 280 to a Walther GSP Expert. I love the GSP.
Nicolas
nvalcik-at-utdallas.edu.46462.45861
Hector

Post by Hector »

:I purchased the 22RL model in 1978. I still own the pistol and would not trade it for anything. Try not to dry fire it. The firing pin wont takethe beating.
Best of luck with it....
Hector

: : Does anybody have any experiance with either of these guns in .22lr. It would be for 25meters and would also be my first firearm. At the moment i shoot with a Anschutz LP@.
: I assume you made a little typo and that you meant Walther GSP Expert (the only USP Expert I know of is a Heckler Koch IPSC pistol in .45ACP!).
: While the Walther KSP200 is a fine pistol, the Walther GSP Expert is in a completely different league and superior in almost every respect.
: The design is proven, the build quality is substantially higher, parts are relatively easy to come by, an optional .32 conversion kit would allow you to compete in Centre Fire events, and as long as you treat it well, you could give it to your grandson in 50 years time and he could still win the World Champs with it.
: Downsides? It costs a hell of a lot more than a KSP200 and some people aren’t keen on the slightly front heavy aspect which is part and parcel of having the magazine positioned in front of the grip. On the other hand, many people try to then achieve the same effect on their
: This is a case of you getting what you pay for, and so long as you can afford it, I would'nt hesitate to the GSP Expert over the KSP200.