What happened with expert shooters and coaches?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Concerned

What happened with expert shooters and coaches?

Post by Concerned »

What happened with expert shooters and coaches? I couldn't help to notice, that lately many good postings did not get answered, or level of answers was low. Looks like questions on what brand of pistol or rifle get good respond, but there is more to the shooting than brand and model of the shooting equipment.
I really enjoyed postings by JP O'Connor. I did not hear from him for quiet some time. Where did all experts go?
Don

Re: What happened with expert shooters and coaches?

Post by Don »

: What happened with expert shooters and coaches? I couldn't help to notice, that lately many good postings did not get answered, or level of answers was low. Looks like questions on what brand of pistol or rifle get good respond, but there is more to the shooting than brand and model of the shooting equipment.
: I really enjoyed postings by JP O'Connor. I did not hear from him for quiet some time. Where did all experts go?
Dear Concerned: The coaches are still here, but it seems that many people know it already, or at least that is the impression. I can help with contacts, if anyone asks. I can also help with the largest library of shooting sports info in private hands in the country.
bawilli-at-attglobal.net.45563.45555
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

: What happened with expert shooters and coaches?
Nothing in particular. Most of the answers have already been given. It would be useful to review the TT Archives.
Best regards, Alexey
alexey931-at-list.ru.45569.45555
Michael Ray

Post by Michael Ray »

: What happened with expert shooters and coaches? I couldn't help to notice, that lately many good postings did not get answered, or level of answers was low. Looks like questions on what brand of pistol or rifle get good respond, but there is more to the shooting than brand and model of the shooting equipment.
: I really enjoyed postings by JP O'Connor. I did not hear from him for quiet some time. Where did all experts go?

Partly for what Alexey said (same old questions being asked) and the fact that JP is extremely busy with his real job right now. I know I rarely think of coming in here to post replies anymore.

Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

It seems that there are a lot more pistol questions than rifle question, however there are not as many pistol coaches in the country (a topic of discussion at the recent coaches conference in Co Spgs). Perhaps it's time more of the pistol shooters got certified as coaches, both to answer questions on forums such as this and to start new pistol programs).
Also, it is often very difficult to coach someone (rifle) without seeing their position and finding out what is going through their head at the time the shot is fired. Not really conducive to this kind of forum.

akihmsa

Lack of pistol coaches easy to explain

Post by akihmsa »

For decades pistols have been demonized by the mainstream press. Due to this many parents think pistol is an inappropriate place to start jr into the shooting sports. Those who have participated in different shooting sports such as rifle, archery, pistol, shootgun etc. know any are appropriate and all are a great way to learn many life lessons. Most coaches work with youth and find limited markets for adults. Many adults will pay $ to get a concealed permit, but few will pay to actually learn to shoot. Sad fact, but it is reality. If you want to see more pistol coaches then you need to promote youth in pistol. : It seems that there are a lot more pistol questions than rifle question, however there are not as many pistol coaches in the country (a topic of discussion at the recent coaches conference in Co Spgs). Perhaps it's time more of the pistol shooters got certified as coaches, both to answer questions on forums such as this and to start new pistol programs).
: Also, it is often very difficult to coach someone (rifle) without seeing their position and finding out what is going through their head at the time the shot is fired. Not really conducive to this kind of forum.