Co2

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bill177

Co2

Post by Bill177 »

I am curious - does anyone still use Co2? This is one of the sticking points here. I am all set up for Co2 bulk fill and would have to trash it and buy scuba stuff for PCP.
I noticed that some of the high dollar guns can be purchased either way. Anschutz LP@ for one.

airgun-at-despammed.com.45198.0
Kevin

Re: Co2

Post by Kevin »

I just sold my B-96 5 shot repeater in co2.
I live in RURAL montana and scuba was NOT an
option. I found that any soda/pop vendor could fill my co2 tank. With more and more rural fire departments going to self supporting air tank style equipment, it's getting easier to have someone fill your scuba tank. I'm thinking of using the proceeds of the B-96 sale to purchase a field target scuba style rifle. Looks like a fun sport.
My 2 cents
Kevin.

hutchins-at-mcn.net.45199.45198
fred

Post by fred »

FWIW: I feel that if you are going to travel around the world and shoot competitively at the highest level in many different climates, it makes sense to use compressed air. Otherwise, CO2 is just as good as CA, and in some ways better (safer for one).

: I am curious - does anyone still use Co2? This is one of the sticking points here. I am all set up for Co2 bulk fill and would have to trash it and buy scuba stuff for PCP.
: I noticed that some of the high dollar guns can be purchased either way. Anschutz LP@ for one.

frbauer-at-msn.com.45200.45198
Rod G.

Post by Rod G. »

I agree with Fred. I use a K2 in co2 and find that since I was also already setup for it, it just made sense. I get over 200 shots from a cylinder and have been going over 3 years on a 20 lb. tank. Another purely subjective observation is that I seem to be having less trouble with seals and other internals that PCP shooters in my area. The demand must be still out there, at least for Steyr and Pardini co2 AP's. IMHO I don't think you'd be disappointed.
Regards,
Rod G.

lowkey-at-autobahn.mb.ca.45210.45198
Wee Hooker

Post by Wee Hooker »

I love the stuff and would not change ( unless by some miricle, I started competing at some very high/ national/international levels.) Easy to get, safe, cheap and very consistant. I regularly kick butt over the few scuba guys in my league with my Co2 LP1. Also, FWIW, there are some great deals to be had on used Co2 guns as the rush for the latest and greatest leaves them behind. The biggest drawback (that I see) for the average shooter is that a Co2 gun will not hold it's value like a SCUBA. Something to consider if you buy new and trade often.

: I am curious - does anyone still use Co2? This is one of the sticking points here. I am all set up for Co2 bulk fill and would have to trash it and buy scuba stuff for PCP.
: I noticed that some of the high dollar guns can be purchased either way. Anschutz LP@ for one.