Printed magazines for the Steyr LP-5/LP50

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
machinist mike

Printed magazines for the Steyr LP-5/LP50

Post by machinist mike »

Is anyone printing magazines for the Strye LP-5/LP-50 pistols? I need both the 5 and the single shot clip? Thanks for any information.
Gwhite

Re: Printed magazines for the Steyr LP-5/LP50

Post by Gwhite »

Typical 3D plastic printing produces porous parts, with inadequate tolerances. You could drill out the holes after printing, but you may not get them aligned just right. The porosity will cause loss of air. I also suspect the slots used for indexing would wear quickly.

I know they aren't cheap, but I think you are better off buying them.
High Left

Post by High Left »

*machinist* Mike ... get you some Delrin ...
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

Hi Mike:

I got some printed magazines from a nice person in Canada off ebay. Unfortunately, they did not work in my LP-50.

What I learned is that there are two sizes of magazines for the LP-50, an old one and a new one with the magazine well in the LP-50 sized accordingly.

MY LP-50 must be the old style with the smaller magazine well. When I got the printed magazines from Canada, they would not fit inside the magazine well of my LP-50 but the seller included a small piece of fine grit sandpaper to sand the sides of the magazine to get it to fit. Unfortunately, the sanding process raises a burr on the pellet hole which when used, had so much resistance that the pellet would not exit the barrel and had to be removed with a cleaning rod. I tried removing the burr on the pellet holes but when removed, the pellets would not stay in the magazine at all.

For what it is worth, I got some new aluminum magazines from Krale in the Netherlands, and they were oversized for my LP-50 but a little stone work and they function reliably.

What was surprising is that when I stoned the new magazines, how non flat or warped the Steyr magazines are to begin with.

I would recommend that you bite the bullet, get the Steyr magazines from Krale in the Netherlands, and be prepared to do some stone work.

Want to say that when I ordered from Krale, I got the magazines within a week or so here in the United States.
Regards,
crankster