25m RFP Proposed changes

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
j-team

25m RFP Proposed changes

Post by j-team »

Just saw this in an ISSF newsletter:

"Gerardo Trotta Arnone, chair of the ISSF Pistol Committee, told ISSF: “Some of the topics
discussed could be important for the future of our sport, such as presenting results in a
more friendly way for a better understanding and more exciting final competition, as well as
the introduction of important changes in 25m RFP".

Anyone know what they are planning to change?

So glad I've finished my competitive days... BTW, loved the .22short era!
Dr. Jim

Re: 25m RFP Proposed changes

Post by Dr. Jim »

Rule changes for RF seem to be the norm, personally I’d like to go back to the original form as well. I too loved the .22 short. Still have one of the margolin pistols I modified for it. Destined for the scrap heap of history, or the smelter if the Canuck Ottawa idiots have their way.
Cheers, thanks for the memory!

Dr Jim
dino911

Post by dino911 »

Spencer ??
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Having been involved in this sport for going on three decades, ISSF seems hell-bent on destroying Rapid Fire Pistol.

"Start from zero" in the finals is straight garbage.

"...presenting results in a more friendly way for a better understanding and more exciting final competition" - give me a freakin' break. That's a mealy-mouthed way of saying that it's going to be watered down. Again.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

No other sport accumulates points from the qualification stage, its all about the finals.
Too bad.
j-team

Post by j-team »

JamesH wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:07 am No other sport accumulates points from the qualification stage, its all about the finals.
Too bad.
What other sport(s) have a final that is a different format/scoring system to qualification?
Grippy

Post by Grippy »

The funny thing is that most ISSF shooting events don't have finals. Only Olympic ones do. Because I guess they are desperate for their 15minutes of mainstream media coverage that gets them every four years?
K38

Post by K38 »

It’s strange but in archery compound bow has single elimination finals just as Olympic recurve does. Even though compound is not an Olympic event. But wait, it gets stranger! Recurve shoots at 70 meters at a 122cm face in three arrow ends .using a set system like tennis. Two points for winning a set and one point for a tie. Six points wins the match. In the event of a six six tie it goes to a one arrow shoot off closest to the center wins. Compound shoots an 80 cm face at 50 meters 15 arrow matches cumulative score in ends of three arrows. Same one arrow shoot off for a tie. It’s actually a lot more fun to watch than the ISSF finals. Take a look on YouTube and see what you think. It would be a blast with any of the pistol classes.