Mark II trigger

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

longfellow

Mark II trigger

Post by longfellow »

Original owner.
Recently installed Volquartsen trigger and Clark hammer, pin, and bushing. (Original hammer, sear, springy things...). No other aftermarket work.
Trigger is TOO light to meet NRA rules.
It is a few ounces below two pounds.

I have a local pistolsmith who does great work but I do not have a back up and am hoping a brilliant mechanical engineer might be able to bump up the weight to be just over the legal limit, with basic hand tools and stones, so he can get back shooting quickly. If I bugger it up, I'm no worse off than having to bring it to my smith now. I had to shoot an EIC in yesterday's Tri-state Regional as a fun match after the RO gave me the fantastic news.

Any of you Bullseye competitors who know this pistol have any recommendations? I understand if the licensed pistolsmiths on this forum prefer to not give this kind of advice.

Thanks guys.

Ed
rmca

Re: Mark II trigger

Post by rmca »

Assuming you are referring to a Ruger Mark II, the simplest solution is to find a stiffer trigger return spring.
Anything that fit's in the hole and is harder than the one you have. It doesn't take much to go up in weight.
I wouldn't start stoning anything before that...

Hope this helps
longfellow

Re: Mark II trigger

Post by longfellow »

That’s what I did yesterday. Actually I stretched out the original spring maybe ten percent and it got me just over the 2.5 pound limit but I’ll get a couple of additional springs made to the exact specs I need. Thanks for the tip.