Pardini MP vs HP (.32)

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Fortitudo Dei

Pardini MP vs HP (.32)

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Hi Folks,
I have been considering buying a .32 for a few months so I can participate "fully" in Centre Fire matches (time to graduate from 25m Sports Pistol in .22 :)
I have been offered a Pardini MP at a very good price which has had only a nominal number of rounds through it. However I know that the MP has been superceded by the HP and someone has warned me that the MP was rumored to have a design flaw but he didn't know what this was.
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the MP and the HP is? Is the MP up to the task of handling a few thousand .32 rounds? I would be using handloads, but could I run into problems with hotter factory .32 rounds? (not that I could afford them...).
Many thanks
FD
Avianna

Re: Pardini MP vs HP (.32)

Post by Avianna »

I believe the design flaw with the MP was with the frame. I think it is the same as the 22's frame. So, in certain cases, the frame would crack because it was not designed to with stand the increased recoil from the 32s. I was once offered a MP at a very good price too, but I passed it up, and got a HP instead :-)
: Hi Folks,
: I have been considering buying a .32 for a few months so I can participate "fully" in Centre Fire matches (time to graduate from 25m Sports Pistol in .22 :)
: I have been offered a Pardini MP at a very good price which has had only a nominal number of rounds through it. However I know that the MP has been superceded by the HP and someone has warned me that the MP was rumored to have a design flaw but he didn't know what this was.
: Can anyone tell me what the difference between the MP and the HP is? Is the MP up to the task of handling a few thousand .32 rounds? I would be using handloads, but could I run into problems with hotter factory .32 rounds? (not that I could afford them...).
: Many thanks
: FD

trinity-at-candesign.com.44946.44917