3p Stocks?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jim

3p Stocks?

Post by Jim »

Does anyone know of a company making Fiberglass free rifle stocks for a Anschutz 19xx action? Maybe even a wood laminate? All i can find is prone stocks. My most accurate gun is in a prone stock, and I want to use it for 3p again. Thanks.
Jim
anguscid71-at-hotmail.com.44623.0
Bill Poole

Re: 3p Stocks?

Post by Bill Poole »

: Does anyone know of a company making Fiberglass free rifle stocks for a Anschutz 19xx action?
I have a "Stopper" http://www.stopper.de/gb/z_zubehoer.html
I'm pretty sure its available in the round-bottom actions. The guy I believe to be the US distributor often reads this forum.
it is an aluminum extruded rail with laminated wood appendages... I think the Anschutz 2313 Alu stock is available for the 1900 action too, but it is rumored to break in the cast aluminum section.
One of those might be acceptable.
I'm still learning how to hold the silly thing still...
good shooting
Pooel

bill-at-poole.com.44629.44623
Mac

Post by Mac »

: : Does anyone know of a company making Fiberglass free rifle stocks for a Anschutz 19xx action?
: I have a "Stopper" http://www.stopper.de/gb/z_zubehoer.html
: I'm pretty sure its available in the round-bottom actions. The guy I believe to be the US distributor often reads this forum.
: it is an aluminum extruded rail with laminated wood appendages... I think the Anschutz 2313 Alu stock is available for the 1900 action too, but it is rumored to break in the cast aluminum section.
: One of those might be acceptable.
: I'm still learning how to hold the silly thing still...
: good shooting
: Pooel
If you are looking for an alu stock, then you are better looking at one of those machined from solid - like the System Gemini, the MEC Project or the Grünig RS Revolution. All of those will take a round actioned Anschütz and are far better than the cast stocks such as Walther and Anschütz.
scott

Post by scott »

Try the stocks from Aussie Don Brooks, a 4-time Olympian. They are custom made to your measurements and milled from a single piece of alu billet. Pilkington is the US agent for Don's work.
Geoff H

Post by Geoff H »

I recall seeing a web site for T2 stocks early this year. They produce a direct copy of the Anschutz free rifle stock in fibergalss.
Having said that, I have been warned by several good shooters that fiberglass is not a good choice for a smallbore rifle. It seems to be very shooter sensitive. Some shooters seem to get along with it quite well, but most have had problems with accuracy for some unexplained reason, hence they have largely faded away. I no longer know of any good shooters who use one.
I suggest wood or aluminum, whichever suits you best.
Jim

Post by Jim »

: I recall seeing a web site for T2 stocks early this year. They produce a direct copy of the Anschutz free rifle stock in fibergalss.
: Having said that, I have been warned by several good shooters that fiberglass is not a good choice for a smallbore rifle. It seems to be very shooter sensitive. Some shooters seem to get along with it quite well, but most have had problems with accuracy for some unexplained reason, hence they have largely faded away. I no longer know of any good shooters who use one.
That is strange being that they are still popular in benchrest. I have heard the same types of negatives about aluminum. I have a fiberglass McMillan prone stck and have never had an issue with it. I guess aluminum will have to do. Thanks!
: I suggest wood or aluminum, whichever suits you best.

anguscid71-at-hotmail.com.44713.44649
Geoff H

Post by Geoff H »

I agree that it does not seem to make sense given their popularity for bench rest, high power, hunting, etc. I am just reporting what I have heard, and, primarily, seen on the firing lines at many, many, smallbore matches, including recent years at Perry and Atlanta.
If you carefully read the Camp Perry smallbore clinic notes from the 1982 era, there is one prediction from a national champion that fiberglass was the wave of the future. It never happened. Except for that comment about "shooter sensitive", I have never heard another thing.