Co2 target pistols

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bill Clarke

Co2 target pistols

Post by Bill Clarke »

What happened to all the really good high end Co2 target pistols? Are they sitting in closets gathering dust? Is PCP so good that no one uses Co2 anymore?
I am shooting a TAU-7 that I bulk fill. I am thinking of upgrading, but really think I'll stay in Co2 - after all, I am all ready set up for it.
I am sure open to comments and always willing to learn.
airgun-at-despammed.com.44513.0
Joe G.

Re: Co2 target pistols

Post by Joe G. »

Although pcp is the hot item there are plenty of superb CO2 match guns out there. Several of the shooters at my local club are still shooting CO2 and doing quite well. These include FWB Model 2, C20 and a couple of Steyr LP-1's. With the popularity of pcp you do see some real good values when CO2 guns come up for sale, many in the $400-600 price range for top notch models. As long as you don't shoot in EXTREME temperature ranges you should not experience any real sensitivity from CO2 as your time with the Tau has probably shown you. Try advertising for one on Brad Troyer's classified section (Airguns.net) or here on TT. I have a FWB Model 2 mini and Crosman Skanaker that I enjoy shooting very much and can shoot as fine a group as my pcp's (when I'm doing the right thing). Good luck, Joe G.

JosephJFG-at-aol.com.44518.44513
pilkguns

Post by pilkguns »

there are a number of good CO2 guns on our used page
DaveA

Post by DaveA »

DITTO to everything here. Advertize that you are looking ( here and at airguns.net) and you will find more than a few match quality C02 pistols. ( I have bought 5 Co2 match guns that way!) I have stayed with Co2 myself because a: I was set up b: the logistics ( and safety concerns) are lessened. Since they shoot better than I can ( or most shooters for that matter) I see no need to change at this point. FWIW, I currently shoot a Lp-1 ( from Scott) and reciently picked up a mint C-2 mini ( for only $350 and also came from Scott by previous owner). Prices for Co2 driven match pistols will run you anywhere from $300 for older modles to $750 or so for the LP's. $400-$600 seems the norm for something real nice. Most have been babied, have supurb trigger qualities and accuracy that will outperform their owners.
p.s . There are also Lots of great deals on Co2 rifles while your looking :-)
: Although pcp is the hot item there are plenty of superb CO2 match guns out there. Several of the shooters at my local club are still shooting CO2 and doing quite well. These include FWB Model 2, C20 and a couple of Steyr LP-1's. With the popularity of pcp you do see some real good values when CO2 guns come up for sale, many in the $400-600 price range for top notch models. As long as you don't shoot in EXTREME temperature ranges you should not experience any real sensitivity from CO2 as your time with the Tau has probably shown you. Try advertising for one on Brad Troyer's classified section (Airguns.net) or here on TT. I have a FWB Model 2 mini and Crosman Skanaker that I enjoy shooting very much and can shoot as fine a group as my pcp's (when I'm doing the right thing). Good luck, Joe G.