Fun Practice Match at Chino Hills, CA yesterday ...

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mako

Fun Practice Match at Chino Hills, CA yesterday ...

Post by Mako »

Only six shooters took advantage of this practice match ... everyone took the shooting serious, but we had a lot of fun. Cliff Halenar, UCLA Shooting Club coach (one of only four certified Master Pistol coaches in the US) came by to score our targets. Master gun smith Randy Bimrose was there to offer help. Mike Breheny stopped by to offer his fun sardonic humour.
Efrin Ragay made up the numbered target packs and scoring cards ... and provided Chili's restaurant gift certificates for 1st and 2nd ... and top new shooter.
After some coaching by Cliff, we all went for a nice long interesting lunch. Marksman's Gene Rotch had just come back from working with the Shanghai Air Gun factory ... so he had interesting stories about China.
After lunch we had a free pistol practice session ... along with an inpromptu Free Pistol Bench rest match. :-)
A very enjoyable day of shooting ... with cooling Southern CA fall weather ...

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.44472.0
Joe

Re: Fun Practice Match at Chino Hills, CA yesterday ...

Post by Joe »

Not to get too picky, but who is the certifying authority for this "Master Pistol coach" program!!
<Cliff Halenar, UCLA Shooting Club coach (one of only four certified Master Pistol coaches in the US) came by to score our targets.
I thought that NRA, USA Shooting and CMP had a joint program. They don't call their levels by that name.
Mako

Joe ...

Post by Mako »

Here is Cliffs response to what his coaching "titles" are and from what authorizing body:
>>>I'm on the NRA National Coaching staff (what used to be called a Master Coach). I'm certified by the NRA to teach the Pistol Coach Certification Course (which means I teach others how to BE coachs). I'm also certified by USA Shooting as an Advanced Pistol Coach (which used to be called "Class B" Certification). There are only 6 of us in the country certified by both NRA and USAS at the Advanced level. I'm also recognised by the Intl. Shooting Coaches' Assn. as an Advanced Pistol Coach, and certified by them to travel to other countries as a "guest coach".<<<
I'm impressed! :-)
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.44516.44496