fwb 603 price > fwb P70 price; why?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mark

fwb 603 price > fwb P70 price; why?

Post by Mark »

Why does the Feinwerkbau 603 cost $100 more than the theoretically more desirable pcp P70?
pdeal

Re: fwb 603 price > fwb P70 price; why?

Post by pdeal »

The desireablility of one vs. the other has nothing to do with what it cost to make. In fact low sales numbers on the 603 would likely make it more expensive to make.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.44364.44363
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

: Why does the Feinwerkbau 603 cost $100 more than the theoretically more desirable pcp P70?
There are more parts, and more labor in the 603's cocking mechanism than that of the P-70. The P-70 is therefore cheaper to build.
Respectfully,
Bubba
Daiel Hankins-at-wmconnect.com.44365.44363
Mark P.

Post by Mark P. »

So why would anyone buy a new FWB 603?

: : Why does the Feinwerkbau 603 cost $100 more than the theoretically more desirable pcp P70?
: There are more parts, and more labor in the 603's cocking mechanism than that of the P-70. The P-70 is therefore cheaper to build.
: Respectfully,
: Bubba

Charles

Post by Charles »

: So why would anyone buy a new FWB 603?
A 603 is self contained. You do not need a scuba tank or a pump. At least in some states in the US getting scuba tanks filled without a divers card is a problem due to concerns about liability. You could use a hand pump, but they take lots of force and can have moisture issues.
You also don't have hassles when flying as with PCP you need to empty your tanks. Then there is the cost of scuba tanks, yokes, or pumps which more than make up the $100 difference.
Charles

crrmeyer-at-yahoo.com.44372.44369
Bubba

Freedom from the dependence on a tank

Post by Bubba »

: So why would anyone buy a new FWB 603?
Good Quesion. I bought a 603, and now have a P-70. The P-70 is easy to use, especially if you have a compressor or an air tank. The rifles use a lot of the same parts, so there is not that much difference in shooting either.
In addition to playing 10 meter rifle by the rules, I liked to play BRV by the rules. 10 Meter rifles shoot at 22 yards. I used a 6-18x 40 scope on the 603. The cocking of the rifle took too much time to beat the clock in BRV. Plus the exertion, although not too bad, does claim it's toll after numerous shots, and the BRV targets have no sense of humor. So, I wound up with a great P-70, that has never had a scope put on it. This off hand shooting at 10 meters has me living the life of a monk, one of pure thoughts, clean living and celebacy (one of these is a lie).
I am done now.
Reepectfully,
Bubba
DanielHankiins-at-wmconnect.com.44377.44369