TOMATO ,TAMOTO

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Todd

TOMATO ,TAMOTO

Post by Todd »

after muzzle BRAKE was described my coach knew exactly what it was except they called it magna porting! thought i would let you know that he NOT a moron! thanks for everyones answers adn great help as a new shooter! also does the p3 have different grip options you can put on specifially a straight back as apossed to the curve at the bottom that it has now!
twest-at-sherbtel.net.44039.0
Gaines Blackwell

Re: TOMATO ,TAMOTO

Post by Gaines Blackwell »

It is probably a semantics problem. Magna porting, if my old handgun memoty serves me is a company that milled slots into barrels, mostly magnums, to cause the upward thrust of the barrel to counteracted by the gas jets as nicely described below. In handguns and rifles it has become even more scientific, now an internal expansion chamber or two, allow the gas to expand before escaping, increasing the effectiveness. Interesting stuff.
: after muzzle BRAKE was described my coach knew exactly what it was except they called it magna porting! thought i would let you know that he NOT a moron! thanks for everyones answers adn great help as a new shooter! also does the p3 have different grip options you can put on specifially a straight back as apossed to the curve at the bottom that it has now!

gtblackwell-at-charter.net.44056.44039
Steve Swartz

Re: ORANGE ,TAMOTO

Post by Steve Swartz »

Nobody said your coach was a moron.
However, tehre is a difference- a substantial difference- between a Muzzle Brake, Magna-Porting, and Compensators.
MB: Directs gases to the side and back; to reduce recoil; attached to barrel
Compensator: directs gases up/back, to reduce muzzle flip/recoil; attached to barrel
MP: Directs gases up/back, to reduce muzzle recoil/flip; milled into barrel
Again, nobody was calling anybody anything. It's just that when you say "Orange" don't get mad if people didn't herar you say "Tomato."
Steve Swartz

: after muzzle BRAKE was described my coach knew exactly what it was except they called it magna porting! thought i would let you know that he NOT a moron! thanks for everyones answers adn great help as a new shooter! also does the p3 have different grip options you can put on specifially a straight back as apossed to the curve at the bottom that it has now!

leslieswartz-at-erinet.com.44101.44039