IZH 35 disconnector

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mike T.

IZH 35 disconnector

Post by Mike T. »

Anyone on TT familiar with how the disconnector on an IZH 35 works? Specifically, what parts interact to achieve the disconnect?
Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Mike T.
fmtaylor-at-telus.net.43995.0
Mike Fleischer

Re: IZH 35 disconnector

Post by Mike Fleischer »

: Anyone on TT familiar with how the disconnector on an IZH 35 works? Specifically, what parts interact to achieve the disconnect?
: Thanks for any insight you can provide.
: Mike T.
The KSP200 has the same setup. In the manual it has a cutaway of the action.

maf166-at-msn.com.43996.43995
Mike Fleischer

Post by Mike Fleischer »

: : Anyone on TT familiar with how the disconnector on an IZH 35 works? Specifically, what parts interact to achieve the disconnect?
: : Thanks for any insight you can provide.
: : Mike T.
: The KSP200 has the same setup. In the manual it has a cutaway of the action. www.carl-walther.info/ersatzteil/kps200.bed.pdf

maf166-at-msn.com.43997.43996
Jay V

Post by Jay V »

: Anyone on TT familiar with how the disconnector on an IZH 35 works? Specifically, what parts interact to achieve the disconnect?

If you remove the left grip you can see how it works. The slide has a ramp on it that pushes on an area of the bar that connects the trigger with the sear mechanism, disconnecting the bar from the sear. Simple but effective.
I have not checked mine, but one of the IZH shooters in my club has had the gun fire out of battery - before the slide is completely closed. It may be that the disconnector does get out of the way before the slide is fully closed, but it would be unlikely that you would be ready to fire another shot before the side closed. It may be an incorrectly adjusted trigger mechanism.

Jay
jverg-at-att.net.44009.43995
TomF

Post by TomF »

I have had one round shoot out of battery. It blew about a 1/4 inch bulge and slit in the case at the rim and squirted burning powder onto my hand and down the magazine.
The shot did make it out the barrel but the case did not extract.
I always thought that was not possible but it can happen to you if it happened to me. My gun was built in Dec 2002.
Otherwise I have never had a slamfire or double or any other problem with firing and it is the most reliable auto pistol I own(after stretching the magazine spring.)
BTW, after about 3000 shots it still has not been cleaned since I scrubbed it when I bought it. Yes it is very dirty looking but functions quite well. But I do run my bore snake thru the barrel after each day of shooting.

: : Anyone on TT familiar with how the disconnector on an IZH 35 works? Specifically, what parts interact to achieve the disconnect?

: If you remove the left grip you can see how it works. The slide has a ramp on it that pushes on an area of the bar that connects the trigger with the sear mechanism, disconnecting the bar from the sear. Simple but effective.
: I have not checked mine, but one of the IZH shooters in my club has had the gun fire out of battery - before the slide is completely closed. It may be that the disconnector does get out of the way before the slide is fully closed, but it would be unlikely that you would be ready to fire another shot before the side closed. It may be an incorrectly adjusted trigger mechanism.
:
: Jay

shootingsports-at-ev1.net.44017.44009
Andre

Post by Andre »

Mike, this URL is not working. Would it be possible for you e-mail this document if you have a local copy?
: : : Anyone on TT familiar with how the disconnector on an IZH 35 works? Specifically, what parts interact to achieve the disconnect?
: : : Thanks for any insight you can provide.
: : : Mike T.
: : The KSP200 has the same setup. In the manual it has a cutaway of the action. www.carl-walther.info/ersatzteil/kps200.bed.pdf

abankovs-at-optonline.net.44025.43997
Mike T.

Post by Mike T. »

: : Thanks for any insight you can provide.
: : Mike T.
: The KSP200 has the same setup. In the manual it has a cutaway of the action.
Actually, my gun is the KSP200. My manual has no parts list and the cutaway doesn't me help in understanding the disconnector.
Mike

fmtaylor-at-telus.net.44033.43996
Mike T.

Post by Mike T. »

: If you remove the left grip you can see how it works. The slide has a ramp on it that pushes on an area of the bar that connects the trigger with the sear mechanism, disconnecting the bar from the sear. Simple but effective.
: I have not checked mine, but one of the IZH shooters in my club has had the gun fire out of battery - before the slide is completely closed. It may be that the disconnector does get out of the way before the slide is fully closed, but it would be unlikely that you would be ready to fire another shot before the side closed. It may be an incorrectly adjusted trigger mechanism.
:
: Jay
Thanks, Jay.
That confirms my suspicion about how the disconnector might work. Right now, the fully retracted slide is a hair short of touching the trigger bar. The gun worked for a several hundred rounds, but something has worn or shifted so that there is no longer contact between the two parts. I have adjusted the trigger "by the book" several times, to no avail. The gun is actually a KSP200, but so few seem to be out there that I figured I'd get better results by asking "Izzy" owners.
Mike

fmtaylor-at-telus.net.44034.44009