Tell me about target grips for S&W 41

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Tell me about target grips for S&W 41

Post by Rover »

Title says it all.
Gwhite

Re: Tell me about target grips for S&W 41

Post by Gwhite »

Talk to Andrew Berryhill at Precision Target Pistol Grip: https://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips. ... ifles.html
NukeMMC

Post by NukeMMC »

I have a set of Rinks I got for my recently acquired 41. I have Fungs on my Victors and my wadcutter Gold Cup. I had Vitarbos also, but the Rinks feel better. Fung or Rink for me.
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

I bought Morini grips from Neil Stepp and like them. As with most such grips, some work is needed to ensure a good fit.

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman
samg

Post by samg »

I have Rink on mine, very nice. Fung grips are a little less expensive, I have not tried them, but they look just as good. Let us know.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

One thing I tried eons ago was Herrett grips that were supposed to mimic the 1911 grip. The angle was correct, but the design of the frame required that the grips be wider than a 1911. The 'fat" grip of the 41 is one of the things I never liked about them. I sold the 41, bought a High Standard, and never looked back.
Hamster

Post by Hamster »

I bought a pair of Herrett "National" grips, with the adjustable palm shelf, from Champions Choice for my Model 41, for about $90. Definitely a big improvement over the stock grips. Now out of stock, there and elsewhere it seems. For me the Model 41 is less accurate than my DES 69, which also has a superior grip.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

I have two model 41's, one with the Nils grip and the other with the Dick Horton Grip from Illinois.

Google Dick Horton Target Grips to see what they look like.

Get over on the Bullseye L forum to get Dicks current email address.
SP22

Post by SP22 »

Rink offers the angled option for left-eyed right handed shooters. I’ve been happy with my Karl Nill grips, which replaced my Randall Fung grips. I started out with Herrett Nationals. The Herrett grips are the “least” anatomical. Keep in mind, an arthritic thumb may not rest well on the Anatomical grips. Custom fitting is an option