Anschutz sight sets

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Rob

Anschutz sight sets

Post by Rob »

What is (are) the difference(s) between the Anschutz match sights and the universal sights?
TIA
Rob
rheverly-at-chilitech.net.43686.0
pdeal

Re: Anschutz sight sets

Post by pdeal »

The slides on the match sight are mating dovetails. The provision for taking up backlash is pretty basic- they have a little piece of plastic jammed into the threads. The universal rear sight has little bitty ball bearing slides that are all tightened up with set screws. This one slides much easier and should work and hold up better where you are making lots of corrections as for wind. Also, the universal sight can be adjusted for cant. I have found that the match sights are very fine on my air rifle where i make very few corrections. I use the universal sight on my smallbore rifle.

pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.43687.43686
H

Re: Anschutz sight sets

Post by H »

The universal sights are more durable and what you should use on a smallbore rifle, for air rifle the match sights should hold up just fine.
Also the universal sights are adjustable for cant. With the match sights if you cant your rifle if you adjust up, you are actually adjusting diagonally(i've never noticed it).
Another difference is that the universal sights can be ordered with smaller incriments per click.(roughly 10 per ring vs. 5 per ring in 10m)