Hammerli FP 10 problem

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

John MacCarter

Hammerli FP 10 problem

Post by John MacCarter »

Hi guys,
I have a problem with my Hammerli FP 10 pistol. It is that the shots have always landed very high.
The foresight is 18mm in height(come standard with the pistol).I tried clicking the adjustment till it can't go any further but still I can never get my shots to land below the middle of the target.My groupings are always at 12 o'clock 9.
The only way to get a 10 is to align the sights below the target board! That's aiming at the grass!!!
What are my options in this case? I'm 1.85m tall.
Please advise.
Thank you
John
Mark

Re: Hammerli FP 10 problem

Post by Mark »

Hi John,
I posted on this earlier in the summer - do a search on "FP-10" and you'll find it - it includes a long explanation on sights. The "standard" height front sight is actually shorter than 18 mm, or at least pistols shipped from the factory up until this past spring all had a shorter front sight. For those who wish to use a deep sub-6 hold, the taller (18mm) front sight is required. Sounds like you need a shorter one. Let me know if you need more info.

Mark.

: Hi guys,
: I have a problem with my Hammerli FP 10 pistol. It is that the shots have always landed very high.
: The foresight is 18mm in height(come standard with the pistol).I tried clicking the adjustment till it can't go any further but still I can never get my shots to land below the middle of the target.My groupings are always at 12 o'clock 9.
: The only way to get a 10 is to align the sights below the target board! That's aiming at the grass!!!
: What are my options in this case? I'm 1.85m tall.
: Please advise.
: Thank you
: John