Air Pistol Scoring at the BIG Matches

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Michael

Air Pistol Scoring at the BIG Matches

Post by Michael »

I see that at some of the bigger matches that after the 60 shot match is posted, there is an additional score. I've seen this score listed as high as 100.4. I've also seen that the high score for the 60 shot match has gone by the wayside after the additional score is posted. So how is this done, and how does one end up with a score of more than 100? Also, how is the tenths of a point determined? Is there a special scoring gage? Inquiring minds want to know.
Val

Re: Air Pistol Scoring at the BIG Matches

Post by Val »

After shooting 60 shots, 8 best ones proceed to the finals. They shoot additional 10 shots, using the decimal scoring system. The 10-ring (and others) is divided into 10 sub-rings, from 10.0 to 10.9. So the maximum possible score for the finals is 109.0
The score at the BIG matches is determined by electronic targets.
Mako

Post by Mako »

There is a cool spiral scoring device that allows one to manually score to a tenth of a point ... not sure who sells these ...

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.43591.43587
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: There is a cool spiral scoring device that allows one to manually score to a tenth of a point ... not sure who sells these ...
The Nonius Decimal Scoring Gauge is available direct from the ISSF. If you can use vernier calipers then you can use these (easier to use them than to explain their use).
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.43592.43591
Bob Riegl

Nonius Gauges

Post by Bob Riegl »

Nonius Gauge sets are also available from USAS.
David M

Re: Air Pistol Scoring at the BIG Matches--Paper Targets

Post by David M »

If the big match is shot on paper target, it is shot 1 shot per card and usually scored by a scoring machine such as a Rika or Disag.
These are like a scanner in operation and will score the shot in whole or decimal scores and print the score on the target.
I have not seen a Air decimal gauge in use now for many years.
Michael

Re: Nonius Gauges

Post by Michael »

That explains it. Thanks to all, not that I'll have to worry about it any time soon 8^)
: Nonius Gauge sets are also available from USAS.

Benjamin McLeod

Post by Benjamin McLeod »

Of course you should be concerned with the tenths
gauges NOW. When you get to an actual final, they
will have electronic scoring so you won't need your
gauge - but you will have practiced with your gauges
so it won't be a big deal to you!

bennnancy-at-erols.com.43635.43600
Benjamin McLeod

Post by Benjamin McLeod »

: Nonius Gauge sets are also available from USAS.
I just looked at usashooting.org and could not find any shooting equipment, just clothing and luggage. Do they have scoring gauges on line, or how would I find them?

bennnancy-at-erols.com.43637.43593