Lubracant poll for std pistol

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Dave

Lubracant poll for std pistol

Post by Dave »

What lubracants do you recommend and use on std/ semi auto pistols.
My dealer recommends CLP breakfree. Some of the guys in my league swear by powdered graphite. ( Manual for the pardini says use nothing?) Just curious as to what everyone else uses?
Fortitudo Dei

Re: Lubracant poll for std pistol

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

: What lubracants do you recommend and use on std/ semi auto pistols.
: My dealer recommends CLP breakfree. Some of the guys in my league swear by powdered graphite. ( Manual for the pardini says use nothing?) Just curious as to what everyone else uses?
Automatic transaxle fluid (Dexron II or III). One of the finest lubricants available and it doesn’t come with a ridiculous price tag.

Fortitudo_Dei-at-hotmail.com.remove.43197.43185
Matt VDW

Post by Matt VDW »

: My dealer recommends CLP breakfree. Some of the guys in my league swear by powdered graphite. ( Manual for the pardini says use nothing?) Just curious as to what everyone else uses?
I've experimented with many different lubes and still haven't settled on one as my "do-all" gun oil. Right now, my three favorites are:
Corrosion-X: Seems to lube and protect well and it's non-toxic.
Mobil 1 motor oil: A very slick lube and it's cheap.
FP-10: A widely-recommended CLP (cleaner/lubricant/protectant) that's popular with people who shot a lot more than I do.
I've never tried graphite but I bet there's a good reason why it isn't more popular with shooters.

mvandewe-at-columbus.rr.com.43205.43185
James

Post by James »

I did some research and found that Boron Nitride provides better lube than teflon or graphite. a company called rydol (rydol.com) sells this stuff for a very reasonable price and they deliver pretty quickly. I use it and have had no wear at tall from 2500 rounds through a brand new ruger 22/45
W Young

Re: Lubricant poll for std pistol

Post by W Young »

The bullseye encyclopedia web page has an article about lube, and it is said that graphite will ruin a sear if used there.
wallyis-at-budweiser.com.43291.43185