"Sporter Rifle'

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Gerry

"Sporter Rifle'

Post by Gerry »

I was wondering if any clubs offer 'Sporter Rifle' competition, either shoulder to shoulder or postal. If so what are you equipment regulations on the type of stock, weight of rifle, optics, etc.
David

Re: "Sporter Rifle'

Post by David »

: I am assuming you are talking about a sporter air rifle. If this is the case, you need a Daisy sporter rifle, they are available from Champion's Choice and Neal Johnson's. The stocks are very basic, and only the included sights are legal. Don't of any sporter clubs.
Bill177

Re: "Sporter Rifle" if you're about .22 RF

Post by Bill177 »

Many local clubs participate in the Sporterrifle postal Leagues around the states.
22 RF, scope OK, weight under 7.5 lbs., no fancy stuff on the stick (hooks, palms, etc.), no shooting jackets or slings, all shot offhand.
Its fun to see what an inexpensive gun can do. Many Slavias being used in my club. I use a Marlin (no class there - just fun).
When I want to shoot real precision - I reach for the airguns.
airgun-at-despammed.com.43041.43024
Bill Courington

There's a Hunter class in silhouette

Post by Bill Courington »

See link below.

Jeff

Re: "Sporter Rifle'

Post by Jeff »

: I was wondering if any clubs offer 'Sporter Rifle' competition, either shoulder to shoulder or postal. If so what are you equipment regulations on the type of stock, weight of rifle, optics, etc.
Check out the NYS Sporter Rifle Postal League for all of the info I think you are looking for.

jevans337-at-aol.com.44708.43024