Hammerli 208/215 Trigger Generations

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
cfirimar

Hammerli 208/215 Trigger Generations

Post by cfirimar »

Hi, Folks,
I am wondering if there are some good summarizations or documentations on what different generations of Hammerli 208/215(S) triggers are like, below is what I learned/summarized from various sources and own experience, but I haven't handled most of these models to be sure.

- First Gen: no over-travel screw behind trigger blade, no 2nd stage plunger assembly behind trigger on the frame.
- Second Gen: has over-travel screw behind trigger blade, it looks like a round metal ring screwed on the trigger stop. no 2nd stage plunger assembly.
- Third Gen (I have experience on this one so can get into more details here):
1) has over-travel screw in the frame on top of the trigger, it has to be reached with a long 1.5mm allen wrench inserted parallel to the recoil spring from front, need to lower the trigger guard to expose the screw.
2) it also has a 2nd stage plunger assembly behind the trigger on the frame, it is a long metal detent, put inside a hollowed slotted screw, inside the hollow there is a spring and another 1.5mm allen screw.
- S models: trigger blade can move, it also has 2nd stage plunger assembly behind the bar that the trigger blade slots on.

My questions for you are:
1) if any of the above statements are incorrect.
2) For the first and second gen, are they single stage, or do they have non-adjustable 2nd stage hidden somewhere?
3) For the first and second gen, would you describe the trigger feeling as crisp (like good 1911, bolt action rifle etc.), or more roll (like 3rd gen, Pardini SP, etc.)?
4) From pilkguns instructions, it seems first gen trigger has the same over-travel screw design as 3rd gen, is this correct?

Thanks in advance!