Air Pistol Range Bag / Toolkit

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lyoke2

Air Pistol Range Bag / Toolkit

Post by lyoke2 »

I have a Hammerli/Walther AP20. I am putting together a range bag for air pistol shooting.

I have everything that came with the air pistol in terms of tools but was curious if there were other recommendations of items or tool to keep in the bag for repair, cleaning, betterment of shooting, etc.

Thanks!
spektr

Re: Air Pistol Range Bag / Toolkit

Post by spektr »

In your bag should be something like a small bathmat. I have one i put on the bench at the range to protect it from nicks scratches and it goes over the bench edge so when I go to a 45 degree rest position, the bench edge will never hurt it.....
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

Something like this used reverse side up works.
https://www.houseofstaunton.com/large-s ... board.html

Though not necessarily in the bag, I also carry a bottle with liquid refreshment and I bring along a small folding seat to rest my aging bones as needed.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
m1963

Post by m1963 »

If you are worried about nicks and scratches, any towel will work. This has not been a concern, from my point of view, as one must truly beat the living daylights out of a pistol to damage it.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

I have a weed wacker line rolled up in a pellet tin. It can be used for visual safety, and as a pull through with it's melted end.

I carry a complete set of spare o-rings and an extra regulator.

The obvious tools, and fill adapter as supplied with pistol, plus an extra cylinder.

Mat and towel.

Shaker boxes and tinned pellets in a safety sleeve.

Stopwatch

8X monocular

Shooting glasses with clip on iris, and muffs. Also either skate board shoes or weight lifting shoes for the flat soles.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I got a letter from the NRA today, hoping for a donation. They said they'll send me a range bag free.

I use a gun case that is a foam-lined briefcase. In it I put my gun, pellets, glasses box, and inner/outer scoring gauges. Under the foam I have a piece of coarse sandpaper for tweaking my grips. I hide my liquid refreshment.
bootneckbob

Post by bootneckbob »

I have the following for my range sessions:
Shooting shoes
Shooting glasses, for me as a blind and iris. In time I might need the lens
Pistol, spare cylinder, charging adapter, tool kit (inc sight / trigger adjustment instructions), safety line (to show breech clear)
Ear defs
Monocular to spot shots but started using a cam corder lately with a x40 zoom so i can see the card and record the session (practice only)
Mat to rest the pistol on
Shaker (holds 100 pellets) helps keep track of shots taken/left plus spare pellets in the tin
Watch / stop watch or timer and phone with Target Scan app
Pull through
Drinks bottle

Not in the bag, I try and wear the same clothes.

Think that's it; did I forget the kitchen sink?
lyoke2

Post by lyoke2 »

I appreciate the replies, there were definitely a few items that I will be adding to the kit!

Thank you!
Brimfire

Post by Brimfire »

Rover wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:54 pm I got a letter from the NRA today, hoping for a donation. They said they'll send me a range bag free.

I use a gun case that is a foam-lined briefcase. In it I put my gun, pellets, glasses box, and inner/outer scoring gauges. Under the foam I have a piece of coarse sandpaper for tweaking my grips. I hide my liquid refreshment.
Like Rover, I've found that hard shell briefcases make an excellent range bag for individual target pistols.

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community ... 6m.331472/

I can't post pics but here's a link to a post I made on AGF. Go to page 5 and you'll see what I mean.