Rifle w/ Adjustable Stock and Shortest LOP

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Brandon E

Rifle w/ Adjustable Stock and Shortest LOP

Post by Brandon E »

I am looking for air and .22 recommendations for rifles with very short (<11”) adjustable length of pull and adjustable cheek riser.
Tim S

Re: Rifle w/ Adjustable Stock and Shortest LOP

Post by Tim S »

Is 11in really short today? My System Gemini 703 stock measures 24cm/9.45in from the buttplate to the centre of a small grip, with the butt closed up fully. The chassis can be inlet for most common smallbore actions. I think the Anschutz Precise and Bleiker Lady will go nearly as short. The trend today, especially with aluminium stocks, is a shorter basic length to accommodate women and juniors, with capacity to extend.

Do you have any other requirements like weight or cost?
Brandon E

Post by Brandon E »

Sorry that was a typo. Looking for less than 10” from buttpad to trigger.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Brandon E wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:36 pm Sorry that was a typo. Looking for less than 10” from buttpad to trigger.
10in to the trigger is fairly short, but probably achievable. Alu stocks locate the action further back, towards the grip, than most traditional stocks. Triggers can also be run back, and with the right blade/shoe can reach back a bit.

A 10in butt-trigger is also do-able with a basic wood-stocked rifle if your budget won't run to new and fancy. You just have to saw off 3-4in from the butt (10-11in butt to grip is common IME). The downside is that the reach from the grip to the trigger is often a bit long for small fingers. The reach to the breech to load can also be a stretch. I've helped set up a couple of 1813 Supermatch stocks for smaller (5ft 3in) women; the factory LOP adjustable butt was removed, and a new buttplate screwed directly onto the wood. That's a bit under 11in to the trigger. The Supermatch stock gives a shorter reach to the trigger and breech than a simpler stock. Removing the LOP adjustment also saves a lot of weight.
Brandon E

Post by Brandon E »

This is very helpful. Thank you!