New member - familiar question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Web

New member - familiar question

Post by Web »

I am an old man casual back yard 10 meter shooter. I have a FWB model 60 and would like to buy a modern pistol new or used. What are the recommendations? Top tier used? I don't want to spend $2000 to shoot in the driveway. What are my best bets. Thanks.
Rover

Re: New member - familiar question

Post by Rover »

Well, since you have no "air" facilities and want to keep cost down, and you like FWB, you have narrowed your selection immediately.

You can buy one of their used CO2 guns, one of their SSPs, or one of their springers. Since we hear constant complaints about "old guys"
being too feeble to operate the "manual" guns, you're left with the CO2 guns.

There's your answer from the info you provided: A FWB CO2 gun. Used ones are cheap.
Web

Post by Web »

Thanks very much for the reply. I meant (and should have said) by modern, a PCP pistol. I think I can manage a hand pump for the small amount of shooting I plan. The latest batch from Morini, Steyr, et al are probably too costly for a casual shooter like me. I'm wondering which of their previous models might be worth the investment and still give me the feel of a quality pistol.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

With patience (key phrase "with patience") you can find a relatively recent PCP (Morini CM162ei, Steyr LP10, or FWB P44, 40, or 34) for $1,000 or less; at that price, you might get out-of-date cylinders which isn't really an issue unless you're going to Nationals.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"I think I can manage a hand pump for the small amount of shooting I plan."

For the same or less money you can get a full used SCUBA tank. Check Craigslist.