Shipping Airguns, How to?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Furiousbbob

Shipping Airguns, How to?

Post by Furiousbbob »

How can i ship an airgun if i'm selling it? what service do i use so they won't pop open the package and mistaken it for a real gun and send the cops to my house?
aznbehemoth524-at-hotmail.com.42393.0
Gaines Blackwell

Re: Shipping Airguns, How to?

Post by Gaines Blackwell »

: How can i ship an airgun if i'm selling it? what service do i use so they won't pop open the package and mistaken it for a real gun and send the cops to my house?
Check the state you are shipping to. A few have state laws but most do not. If you ship domestically you can ship USPS, UPS and FED EX. I ship and receive domestically through UPS and overseas through USPS. It is not illegal so I recommend stating on the UPS form that it is an airgun. Some clerks will not ship so ask for a supervisor or ask them to call some one. That information will not show up on the box. If out of country or in it must clear customs and must be declared. All international packages are x-rayed so state what it is, an airgun. It may be inspected but I have had only one out of 24 that has been.
As for packaging a favorite way is to put it into a cheap hard plastic case with foam liner, packing both ends tightly against movement. Tape heavily then insert in a cardboard box after wrapping in foam, bubble wrap, peanuts, etc. Tape well. I have shipped and received many broken down. It makes for a more compact, stronger, less recognizable package. Remove sights if target or scope and wrap them seperately.
Many horror stories exsist, a friend's mint 300SU recently arrived , domestically ,cleanly broken at it's thin wrist but I received one broken down from Germany in perfectly good shape. The sender made strong cardboard carriages and firmly tied the seperate pieces with cotton cord, then foam , then used a strong box. Double boxing is always good. Do insure, it is not easy to collect sometimes but gives you a chance. About a $1 per $100. Good luck.....I have had nothing but..............gtb
gtblackwell-at-charter.net.42405.42393
william

Post by william »

Whatever else you do, make sure you ship no compressed gas - no air, no CO2, no nothing! Discharge the gun, and empty any cylinders.

politt-at-1stcounsel.com.42419.42393
Jim

Post by Jim »

Everything you just read is perfect - I'll only add that the USPS is my prefered shipper as they tend to know the rules a bit better and as long as any cylinders are indeed empty, you do not need to state what you are shipping only that you are not shipping "dangerous" goods.
JPM
jmorris_3-at-yahoo.com.42450.42405