Help getting Tau 200 to work with 12g bulbs?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

John L.

Help getting Tau 200 to work with 12g bulbs?

Post by John L. »

I got a used Tau today and am having a bit of trouble with it I'm hoping someone here can help.
I want to use the 12g bulbs with it but I think I'm doing something wrong. I printed out the
manual but it really is of little help. First off, what do they mean by pushing the warning device until the
charging valve is opened? The rest seems straight forward but when I put the bulb in and tighten things up it
allows the co2 to escape thru the barrel unless I open and close the bolt. This doesn't
seem right. What , if anything, am I doing wrong? The stuff about filling from the bulk tank seems to say the bolt
should be open when I put in the bulb?
Also, is it normal for the transfer valve to be on so tight the whole co2 tube assembly
comes out?
Thanks for any and all help.
John
jelow1966-at-yahoo.com.42318.0
Mark Rogers

Re: Help getting Tau 200 to work with 12g bulbs?

Post by Mark Rogers »

I've had the Tau for 3 years now and also had trouble filling it at the start. But - this is how I do it with the 12g bulbs and have had no problems.
First, make SURE that the rifle is cocked and the bolt is closed. If it is not cocked, the gas will escape through the valve. Again - make SURE that the rifle is COCKED and the bolt is CLOSED.
Second, as soon as the piercing cap punctures the bulb, back off the piercing cap by about 1/4 turn. This allows the Co2 to escape into the tube
Third, the "warning device". When a bulb is near empty, you push this in to empty the gas through the valve. First, the rifle must be UNCOCKED, or this won't work. I use a small screwdriver to press the warning device in, discharging gas through the valve and allowing me to unscrew the piercing cap.
Fourth - don't try to remove the piercing cap without discharging Co2 first. This will indeed cause the tube to unscrew. Once the residual Co2 is discharged, you can easily unscrew the piercing cap, allowing you to change the bulb.
Hope this helps. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Cheers.
Mark

: I got a used Tau today and am having a bit of trouble with it I'm hoping someone here can help.
: I want to use the 12g bulbs with it but I think I'm doing something wrong. I printed out the
: manual but it really is of little help. First off, what do they mean by pushing the warning device until the
: charging valve is opened? The rest seems straight forward but when I put the bulb in and tighten things up it
: allows the co2 to escape thru the barrel unless I open and close the bolt. This doesn't
: seem right. What , if anything, am I doing wrong? The stuff about filling from the bulk tank seems to say the bolt
: should be open when I put in the bulb?
: Also, is it normal for the transfer valve to be on so tight the whole co2 tube assembly
: comes out?
: Thanks for any and all help.
: John

mrogers-at-esu9.org.42320.42318
Barry

Post by Barry »

Right on the money and works fine with my TAU. One last thing to remember is to interchange the piercing cap with evey 12g bulb you use. This allows the sealing o-rings to soften up again and helps prevent them from tearing.

: I've had the Tau for 3 years now and also had trouble filling it at the start. But - this is how I do it with the 12g bulbs and have had no problems.
: First, make SURE that the rifle is cocked and the bolt is closed. If it is not cocked, the gas will escape through the valve. Again - make SURE that the rifle is COCKED and the bolt is CLOSED.
: Second, as soon as the piercing cap punctures the bulb, back off the piercing cap by about 1/4 turn. This allows the Co2 to escape into the tube
: Third, the "warning device". When a bulb is near empty, you push this in to empty the gas through the valve. First, the rifle must be UNCOCKED, or this won't work. I use a small screwdriver to press the warning device in, discharging gas through the valve and allowing me to unscrew the piercing cap.
: Fourth - don't try to remove the piercing cap without discharging Co2 first. This will indeed cause the tube to unscrew. Once the residual Co2 is discharged, you can easily unscrew the piercing cap, allowing you to change the bulb.
: Hope this helps. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
: Cheers.
: Mark
:
: : I got a used Tau today and am having a bit of trouble with it I'm hoping someone here can help.
: : I want to use the 12g bulbs with it but I think I'm doing something wrong. I printed out the
: : manual but it really is of little help. First off, what do they mean by pushing the warning device until the
: : charging valve is opened? The rest seems straight forward but when I put the bulb in and tighten things up it
: : allows the co2 to escape thru the barrel unless I open and close the bolt. This doesn't
: : seem right. What , if anything, am I doing wrong? The stuff about filling from the bulk tank seems to say the bolt
: : should be open when I put in the bulb?
: : Also, is it normal for the transfer valve to be on so tight the whole co2 tube assembly
: : comes out?
: : Thanks for any and all help.
: : John

Bill177

Post by Bill177 »

One last suggestion: Get a spare set of o-rings for the Tau. From time-to-time the seals on the piercing caps will tear and must be replaced. The symptom for this is a hissing sound around the threads of the cap when a new capsule is installed. Never over tighten the caps.
Now a suggestion: The best way to go with CO2 is bulk fill. I have a 20# tank with a syphon tube in it that I use to fill the small "buddy" style bottle that came with my Tau. I figure on about a year of shooting on a refill - which costs about $20 dollars US. The 20# is approximately equal to 750 12 gram capsules at a few pennies each (in practice I would expect about 600 due to unavoidable discharge when filling).
Bill177
airgun-at-despammed.com.42326.42322
John L.

Thanks for all the help guys! (NT)

Post by John L. »

jelow1966-at-yahoo.com.42336.42318