best pellets for Daisy/Avanti 753S?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

huckleberg

best pellets for Daisy/Avanti 753S?

Post by huckleberg »

What are the accepted best pellets for the Daisy Match Grade Avanti 753S?
Rover

Re: best pellets for Daisy/Avanti 753S?

Post by Rover »

.177 (4.5mm).

Come on!!
huckleberg

Post by huckleberg »

Rover wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:32 am .177 (4.5mm).
I was planning on using Rabbit Pellets, glad I checked back ...

But seriously, what are the preferred weights/brand for this inexpensive introductory 10m rifle?
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

The 753S has a Lothar Walther barrel. Practically any wadcutter pellets from RWS, H&N, and JSB will be fine, if you want the "utmost" accuracy go for match pellets...
marky-d

Post by marky-d »

I typically use the cheap Crosman wadcutters that come in the 'milk carton' in my 853...

They seem to work alright for the recreational target shooting I do, but I have considered trying others, since they aren't that much more expensive.

marky-d
Rover

Post by Rover »

Well, since you wish to be more specific, I have long promoted the cheap RWS Basic pellets. They have shown exceptional accuracy in some guns.
spektr

Post by spektr »

I shoot Vogel Match in everything. I bought them well.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Our 4H club and other JROTC programs here in NM have found that the lighter .177 pistol pellets have a very good speed still out at 10M
The 753 just does not have enough "ummph" to drive the heavier "rifle" pellets. difference is only a few grains but performance is greatly improved.

We see this while shooting on paper at 10m. We see keyholing (at 10m) on the registration paper in our Megalinks, and if shooting 10 bull targets backed by cardboard, sometimes the pellets will not penetrate.

Some of this (maybe all?) was poorly maintained 753 pump & the derivitives (853)
Rickhem

Post by Rickhem »

After reading about them here on a number of occasions, I bought a few tins of RWS Diabolo Basic pellets. Rover, in particular, has been a person mentioning these in similar threads for both rifle and pistol applications. They're a 7.0 gr pellet, so on the lighter side, but in a SSP like your 753S thats probably what you want.
I have a 747, an IZH-46, an FAS609, and the same 753S that you have. I used to shoot Meisterkugelns in all my airguns, but now shoot the Basics in all of those with good results. Might there be a specific pellet that will outperform the Basics in each of my airguns.....maybe, but considering price, avaialbility, reputation, and performance had me going with the Basics, and I am not unhappy with them in the least.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

As @jhmartin said go with the lighter match grade pistol pellets.

For casual practice, with my 853, I use Crosman and Daisy wadcutter.
For me, they are "good enough."
At 10m, in my 853, I found them able to out-shoot me. But I have not benched the 853 with a scope to REALLY determine the accuracy of the Crosman and Daisy pellets.
The only thing that I do is a visual inspection, and reject the damaged/deformed pellets.

For my match AR (CA) and AP (CO2), I switch to Vogel Sport.