Using Gehman GP1?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Using Gehman GP1?

Post by Rover »

Saw one advertised, but have no idea what's going on with them. Please tell me all about them.
crrmeyer

Re: Using Gehman GP1?

Post by crrmeyer »

Rover wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:46 pm Saw one advertised, but have no idea what's going on with them. Please tell me all about them.
a re-branded Match Guns MG1. More comment in the link.

viewtopic.php?t=29047
trev

Post by trev »

I have just looked on the Gehmann website and the New Gehmann air pistol is from what i can see a rebadged MG1, i shoot a MGH1 and all the sales words readjustments ectara are the same as the MG1 /MGH1. It will be interesting to see how long it is before Gehmann are offering the equivalent MGH1. Have Match Guns and Gehmann amalgamated?
marky-d

Post by marky-d »

I can't say for sure, but I'm fairly certain it's essentially the same design as my SAM pistol as well.

marky-d
Rover

Post by Rover »

marky-d wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:41 am I can't say for sure, but I'm fairly certain it's essentially the same design as my SAM pistol as well.

marky-d
Really? I have a SAM10 that I really like. Is it the one?
marky-d

Post by marky-d »

I'm not sure about the M10. Mine's what they call a K12, although I'm not sure what the differences are between the M10, K11, K12, K14, and K15. I think the dry fire lever is different between some of them, and the weight systems are different between certain models, but all the pictures and diagrams I've seen of the main trigger mechanism have been the same.

At least from what I've been able to gather. I've never seen two of any or the models in one place to compare directly!

marky-d
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

At the beginning (many many years ago) Gehmann pistol was a rebadged FAS AP609.
At some point Gehmann offered a version of Matchguns MG1 mechanical as Gehmann GP1
The latest GP1 is essentially a matchguns MGH1 mechanical (if we believe the manual here https://gehmann.com/manuals/GP1.pdf)

Cesare Morini designs i think goes like this
CM162E -> SAM M5/10 -> SAM K series -> Matchguns MG1 -> Matchguns MGH1
it is easy to see the evolution but dont assume they use the same parts or sizes.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Not really like a SAM10 at all Rover. Our Club bought three Gehmanns GP1’s about four or five years ago as Club pistols. They have the same trigger weight adjustment as the Matchguns MG2...two levers spring loaded for first stage and let off.

Absolutely trouble free despite being used every week for years. Also very accurate and well balanced. Was a Gehmann branded original MG1.

The latest incarnation may have upgraded whatever.