TOZ-35M Fore End screw pitch and all that

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ArTee

TOZ-35M Fore End screw pitch and all that

Post by ArTee »

I purchased a Toz-35 that needs some help. The fore end screw and associated threads need some cleaning. I was wondering the specs for all that and chasing the threads.

Thanks,

RT
spektr

Re: TOZ-35M Fore End screw pitch and all that

Post by spektr »

When asking about TOZ parts, be careful. The primary structure, the trigger breech and barrel are the same, as best as I can see. The frames arent, and the differences in grip hole locations are maddening. Secondary structure, grip screw threads and the for-end screw seem to be variable depending on when they were assembled and what the builders had laying around...... Your best bet is to take the hardware to a good nut and bolt house like Grainger or Tacoma screw products and buy new stuff. Its cheap and easy to do.... I also encourage u to buy the associated tap and die for the future, metric dies and taps in tbis size range are under 5 bucks each. Buy FLAT BOTTOM taps instead of pointed taps to clean all the way to the bottom of already threaded holes. ..... I have noticed they seem to have little regard for making the non critical parts of the gun the same batch to batch......
Rover

Post by Rover »

While you're messing with that, do a Search on TOZ springs. You're gonna need 'em!
ArTee

Post by ArTee »

Thanks to both of you. I figured that on needing parts. Older guns have that issue. I purchase spares for my Sig P210-6 when they show up NOS preferred. But at least and for the most part, the part numbers are the same and the parts are the same, the slide stop being an example of not the case between the CNC versions after S/N 97XXX and the forged steel previous to that.

And thanks for the heads up on the part interchangeability or not as the case might be. What I'd like to do is get a few spare parts, that fit and are in good shape to take measurements and record them.
spektr

Post by spektr »

All the spares I have for my TOZ moving forward is a couple firing pins and a few springs. Hardware I can source/make but the firing pin is more work than I care to do, unless I program 50 and run them........
AJV

Post by AJV »

spektr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:16 pm ..., unless I program 50 and run them........
If you do that, please let us all know!
divingin

Post by divingin »

spektr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:16 pm All the spares I have for my TOZ moving forward is a couple firing pins and a few springs. Hardware I can source/make but the firing pin is more work than I care to do, unless I program 50 and run them........
Post number 2 in this thread:

http://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4 ... ng#p295962