TOZ grip screws

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
hurt

TOZ grip screws

Post by hurt »

Looks like I managed to put my TOZ 35M grip screws in a “safe place”! Until I find them, are they a regular metric type screw?? Thanks!!!
j danielsson

Re: TOZ grip screws

Post by j danielsson »

Yes. 3 mm.
SeanM

Post by SeanM »

They're a pretty fine thread pitch though. The tap in my Craftsman set is 3mm x .6 and that's definitely not the right pitch. Maybe a .5
hurt

Post by hurt »

Thanks for the reply’s!!! I will see if the local hardware has them. The Morini grips pretty much encapsulate the frame but there is a slight movement. Preparing for a match and my old TOZ seems to be performing better than my Morini 80 and Morini 84....now where did I stash that old Pardini?? I need better organization...lol
spektr

Post by spektr »

Hardware stores like Tacoma Screw Products or Grainger or Fastenall have them. The trick is to buy a set of long screws and a die. The TOZ has absolutely no respect for normall lengths on screws. They are all in between lengths and you need to cut to the correct length and run a die over the trimmed ends after you file them to the right length........ Also, buy HARDENED washers and they dont gall.
hurt

Post by hurt »

Excellent advice! Thanks