FWB 601 trigger help please

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TomAmlie

FWB 601 trigger help please

Post by TomAmlie »

I was shooting my FWB601 this evening, after a long absence, and at one point the trigger did not reset. Cocked the rifle, inserted pellet, closed loading gate, and the trigger is completely "dead". Tried re-opening loading gate and reworking cocking lever, all to no avail. Now I've got a pressurized cylinder with a pellet in the chamber and I need to disassemble (nothing long, thin, and rigid enough to push the pellet back out).

Does anyone have any ideas of what I should look for when I disassemble it?

Thanks in advance!
Tom
spektr

Re: FWB 601 trigger help please

Post by spektr »

Probably no need to disassemble it..... It sounds like your trigger slack adjustment screw is too tight. The screw that gives your trigger 1st stage travel distance can actually be set to prevent the rifle from cocking. Back it up until you have a bit of take up distance and that should resolve things.......
sturm88

Post by sturm88 »

more likely you'll find something on YouTube .
Besides that you may download excellent scheme on official fwb page. There'is nothing complicated inside you rifle. As fist step just unscrew hammer spring. It allows taking apart rifle safely. If you posted a couple pics of your trigger mechanism , we could figure out what makes trigger blocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh6gQYLtzOY
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

spektr wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:10 pm Probably no need to disassemble it..... It sounds like your trigger slack adjustment screw is too tight. The screw that gives your trigger 1st stage travel distance can actually be set to prevent the rifle from cocking. Back it up until you have a bit of take up distance and that should resolve things.......
Thanks; it seems that may have resolved it. I won't know for certain until I run through 100 or so cycles without it happening again (even then it won't be "certain" I suppose).