New kid on the block

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

New kid on the block

Post by Rover »

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/precisio ... istol.html

Looks like competition for the FAS 6004, but I haven't played with one.
slofyr

Re: New kid on the block

Post by slofyr »

From what I’ve been able to see of the SIG internals, it could be built by the same company that fabricates the FAS for Chiappa. What I find disappointing with the SIG is the grip angle and tall sight. The FAS frame allows a higher hold which lowers the pistol’s CG, sight line, and barrel axis. It’s reasonable, though, that SIG’s bean counters saw a larger market for their design. Nice to have another SSP on the scene.

kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

FAS 604=Gramps, FAS 6004=Father, ASP Supertarget=son...elementary my dear Rover!...

The lines and ergonomics of the ASP are based on the SIG 210...
Attachments
SIG 210.jpg
william

Post by william »

Look at the photos of the guy in the blue plaid shirt - two-hand hold. That's the target market.
jerber

Post by jerber »

This could be a nice addition since I own a p210
Now I only wish that it will be available locally so that I can see/try it before I buy
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

kevinweiho wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:41 am FAS 604=Gramps, FAS 6004=Father, ASP Supertarget=son...

SIG's ASP is just the latest genetically related offspring from Gramps whoring without Durex.

ArTee

Post by ArTee »

I know this is an old thread but another difference between the SIG and the FAS is the warranty. SIG offers a 5 year warranty and FAS only 1. That might say something about the quality of the build?? maybe?

One other comment that I picked up on and will mention, the new P210 is not as precise at the 150 foot line as the -6 or the -5. I've owned both all pre 97XXX serial numbers. They do bite a bit and draw blood. The balance is superb especially with a NIL grip.

Oh BTW no 210 is made for a RED DOT. It has to be added either with a ROCO sight mount or otherwise manufactured.

RT