Anschutz Carrier Column Lock Nut

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

OrlandoProneXgun

Anschutz Carrier Column Lock Nut

Post by OrlandoProneXgun »

Replacement for plastic Anschutz Buttplate & Cheekpiece standard (not precise) Carrier Column Lock Nut

FYI: $9 is a lot! So I got out my calipers and realized the carrier column is a BSF ½-16 thread! WTF! BRITISH!. So, I got some steel hex nuts online for just $1.00 from Moss Motors & they fit perfect! The Jam nut cost a little more but same thickness as Anschutz lock nut. But that avoids the question, Does anyone know why a German manufacture, Anschutz, would use a British thread type on their rifles?
Gunter

Re: Anschutz Carrier Column Lock Nut

Post by Gunter »

can't answer that particular question, but would be surprised if Anschutz had used
anything else than 'metric' threads!

is this perhaps an 'aftermarket' addition?

otherwise, is the thread sufficiently 'worn' that it might accept something close?

I usually make my own bolts (nuts if absolutely necessary) and measure with a gauge the correct size

Gunter
NRA Life 1974
OrlandoProneXgun

Re: Anschutz Carrier Column Lock Nut

Post by OrlandoProneXgun »

No, its original anschutz parts. No after market. The threads are not worn, but because anschutz wanted the user to be able to easily adjust, the column thread depth is hand_tight. None of my metric gauges would work. Only my 16tpi gauge. From that i found that BSF ½-16 threaded nuts worked perfect & at 1/9th the cost! Just want me to know if they have to buy several for a club (lets say).