NRA Board Member Attendance

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

sparky

NRA Board Member Attendance

Post by sparky »

As the NRA elections are upon us, I figure some might find this tidbit relevant:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... ndance.pdf
ProdigalSon

Re: NRA Board Member Attendance

Post by ProdigalSon »

If being an unabashed bigot and a poacher isn't enough to get Ted Nugent off the board, somehow I doubt chronic absenteeism is enough to. Gives us all a bad name.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

THANK YOU ... VERY INFORMATIVE!
mbradley

Post by mbradley »

Ted may have been on tour.
william

Post by william »

"If being an unabashed bigot and a poacher isn't enough to get Ted Nugent off the board...." And admitted sex offender? Doesn't he have a history with an underage girl?
dronning

Post by dronning »

william wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:31 am "If being an unabashed bigot and a poacher isn't enough to get Ted Nugent off the board...." And admitted sex offender? Doesn't he have a history with an underage girl?
OK I not a Nugent fan, I couldn't tell you one song he has written or is known for. But when people start flinging accusations about someone, especially in question form I do some research.

Poacher - NOT, I looked it up, pretty complicated but a law change where he was hunting in Alaska stated you must use your tag on any animal you shoot. He had a glancing blow of an arrow he recorded on film. They found no blood trail and the arrow had no blood on it so they figured it glanced off a rib (which the video later confirmed), they attempted to track it but with no blood trail they resolved it was OK. He later took another bear. If not for the video he played on his youtube channel no one would have ever known. Once the Alaska Game reserve saw it they charged him based on the new law. He took full responsibility, and said ignorance of the law is no excuse, he also said had he known that the district had made these changes to the law he wouldn't have hunted there. This is where the poacher BS comes from.

Sex offender- NOT
Underage girls - ?? only confirmed younger female was a 17 year old (older than the age of consent) he had a short relationship with. Being a Rock Star or whatever he is I'd guess there may have been a few young girls and possibly underage girls available and I'm sure no one was checking age backstage. Even the Beatles probably had a few underage girls hanging about. Doesn't make it right.

Bigot - yea he has a low tolerance for ANYONE disrespecting the Constitution for which I agree 100%. Some of his other positions and crude statements not so much - free speech I guess, so I disagree but don't slam him for it.
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Rover

Post by Rover »

Why you dissin' my bud Nuge, Willie?

C'mon, you know you was eyeballin' that teenie 'tang back in the day.
ProdigalSon

Post by ProdigalSon »

Package it however you want, but as far as I’m concerned, taking game outside of tag limits is poaching, regardless of how much responsibility someone accepts after the fact.

I’ll freely acknowledge that he has the right to say what he wants to, but like it or not, the board members’ actions reflect on the entire shooting community in the US because they’re only there by our approval. When we have someone on the board who, among other things, was ok with apartheid, referred to President Obama as a “subhuman mongrel,” and recently compared Democracts, news media, academics, etc.,to rabid coyotes needing to be shot, what does that say about us? What does that tell the world about what we think are acceptable actions for our leaders? If you’re fine with him, that’s your right - I just think that there’s too much obvious bad publicity from keeping people like Ted Nugent on the board. We don’t need that.
beye

Post by beye »

Looks like 2 others had ZERO attendance also, "excused" or not. You'd think if they just don't have the time for it, they would bow out and let someone who will participate replace them. Or, if the meetings just aren't that important, why have them?