Front blade Evo 10 4 mm

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
northpaw

Front blade Evo 10 4 mm

Post by northpaw »

The Steyr Evo 10:
I find the standard issue 4,5 mm front blade too wide, and am trying to locate a source for a 4 mm rotatable front blade, but hitherto in vain.
I would appreciate any help.
Last edited by northpaw on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Re: Front blade Evo 10 4 mm

Post by atomicgale »

Steyr front sight: Is the Steyr EVO front sight replaceable? i.e. is there available: 5.0mm, 5.5mm, 6.0mm; such as is optional with the Morini 162?

If so, who would have these available for retail?

*(Yes, the Morini sights are available at PILK guns. I run a 6.0mm front sight on my Morini 162EI, which "Appears" projected the same width as the 59.5mm AP target.)

Thanks!
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

atomicgale wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:33 am Steyr front sight: Is the Steyr EVO front sight replaceable?
Yes, you can install any of the Steyr LP front blades, available in widths from 2 to 5 mm, in 1,0 or 0,5 mm steps.

https://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/sho ... ir-pistols

On the downside, Steyr only offers its ROTATABLE front blade in the standard 4,5 mm width (at present, at least).
And there are apparently no aftermarket ROTATABLE front blades for Steyr LP 10s available, at present.
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

Does Steyr have 5.5mm or 6.0mm front blades?

Available in the States?
Frenzy81

Post by Frenzy81 »

How about 3D printing something that would fit your needs?

I did once see something for a Steyr but the only thing I could find atm was this:
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=50104
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

I got the order confirmation from the company "Schiesssport-Buinger", - and was chocked! It reads:

Steyr Korn für alle Luftpistolen 4,0 mm

13,87 €

DHL 86,90 €

Gesamtsumme: 100,77 €

The company "Schiesssport-Buinger" choose to send a front blade, weighting less than 10 grams, with DHL, for a freight cost of 87 Euros! The cost of the front blade was less than 14 Euros!
This is of course totally unacceptable.

I have asked the company to cancel the order, and refund my money.

Btw, I live in a country in North-West Europe, not far from Germany.

The cost of the front blade was less than $ 16, but freight was more than $ 99. So total cost was $ 115. For a small non-rotatable front blade. Now, that´s expensive.
Last edited by northpaw on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

My experience with Schiessport Buinger has been completely different.

They have always been a pleasure to deal with and always very efficient.

I might have been lucky, but lucky on each of the five (from memory) times I have bought from them?

Something would appear to have gone wrong in your case. Did you ask them to explain?
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Yes, I have emailed then twice, - got no answer.

Bacause of the EU_union, ther is no cuctoms to pay for this order. And, due to the low amount, ther is no extra "VAT" to pay.
And due to the low weight of the front blade, less than 10 grams, they could just have put the blade in an envelope, and sent it to me as a letter.
Last edited by northpaw on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

northpaw wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:40 am And due to the low weight of the front blade, less than 10 grams, they could just have put the blade in an envelope, and sent it to me as a letter.
See number 9 on their FAQ page.
Buinger

Post by Buinger »

@Northpaw, what you post here is not correct, I answered all your e-mails within 24 hours except one time when our German office was already closed (my office is in the US, there is a 7 hour time difference so yes, there can be a delay).

Regarding the shipping costs, they are clearly shown on our website, in several places. When you go to the checkout you see the total (which includes the shipping costs), so this would have been the moment to stop and not finalize the order and maybe ask us for alternatives. The problem is, we shipped small parts in padded envelopes and small parcels for many years, half of the shipments arrived damaged or shipments got lost. The transportation companies in some countries are not reliable.

So we have every reason to "fuss with DHL" in this matter.

I totally agree that it doesn't make sense to pay 86,90 Euro for a single small piece.

But on our end it doesn't make sense to deal with lost or damaged shipments all the time like we've done it for many years.

Of course you can cancel any order at any time (as long as it hasn't left the house yet) and of course we will refund your money.

And yes, section 9 in our FAQ:

9) Is it possible to ship small items in a padded envelope?

Not anymore. So many shipments got damaged or even lost and customer feedback regarding this shipping method was very negative. Investigations / filing a claim in case of a loss took up to 6 weeks (German post has to send the inquiry to the destination country and it was a slow process) so for the customer (and us) there are more cons than pros. If you only need a few small parts it might be a good idea to ask friends or colleagues and then order together and split the shipping costs.

We try to be as courteous and transparent as possible and provide as much information as possible.

Of course there is always room for improvement but in this case we've been there (padded envelopes for small pieces) and it's not an option anymore, sorry.
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

So anyway . . . does Steyr made 5.5mm or 6.0mm front blades or not?

If so, where are they sold?
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Buinger wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:02 pm The problem is, we shipped small parts in padded envelopes and small parcels for many years, half of the shipments arrived damaged or shipments got lost. The transportation companies in some countries are not reliable.

9) Is it possible to ship small items in a padded envelope?

Not anymore. So many shipments got damaged or even lost and customer feedback regarding this shipping method was very negative.
Well, I receive small gun-parts shippet to me from different countries, including Germany, quite often. Have never had any parcel lost, nor have any item been damaged. Maybe I have been lucky.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

atomicgale wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:01 pm So anyway . . . does Steyr made 5.5mm or 6.0mm front blades or not?
I believe Steyr does not make front blades wider than 5 mm.
A club mate ordered a 5,5 mm blade from Walther Gehmann some years back. Do not know the outcome.

Front sights are not listed specifically under "accessories" at the Gehmann website, so you have better email them about wide front blades.
If they are available from Gehman, they will problably not charge you $100 postage for a front blade….

https://gehmann.com/english/products.php?kategorie=52
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

northpaw wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:08 am If they are available from Gehman, they will problably not charge you $100 postage for a front blade….
As you obviously aren't going to stop complaining, can we just get something clear.

Buinger has said that the shipping costs were shown on the checkout page when you placed your order (which is pretty standard).

Are you disputing this?
Rover

Post by Rover »

atomicgale wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:01 pm So anyway . . . does Steyr made 5.5mm or 6.0mm front blades or not?

Give Neal Stepp a call at ISS, I bought one from him.

Even easier, just move the front sight to the rear. Zero$$$.