Barrel Indexing Fixture

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

hengehold

Barrel Indexing Fixture

Post by hengehold »

Mike Ross was a renowned smallbore theorist and gunsmith who conducted several tests related to barrel indexing and published his findings on its effects in Precision Shooting magazine.

I had the privilege of participating in many of his tests and have inherited the barrel-indexing fixture that Mike Ross used. It is a barrel clamp design that has a mount for a scope and is transportable. Size is approximately 2ft x 6in x 10in. My love for shooting rests with high power rifles and I do not have the time or interest to get heavily involved in smallbore.

I would like to sell this barrel-indexing fixture and find it a good home with someone who will continue to put it to use. My initial thoughts are that a serious smallbore gunsmith or shooter would find value in this kind of tool. Are there any gunsmiths that are seriously involved with competitive smallbore shooting and would have a use for a barrel-indexing fixture for testing or providing the barrel indexing service for a customer?

Thanks in advance.

-Trevor
stevenk.

Re: Barrel Indexing Fixture

Post by stevenk. »

Do you have any kind of image of this device?

Where is it located, Michigan perhaps?

Is there an asking price?
hengehold

Re: Barrel Indexing Fixture

Post by hengehold »

I can’t seem to upload pics from my phone onto this site. It says they are too large.

I have the rig in VA. Feel free to email me if you would like pics and to discuss a fair price. My email is
trevorhengehold at gmail.com

-T